We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meals on Air Asia

Australia
reviews: 26
Meals on Air Asia

Hi everyone, this may seem a dumb question, but as I have never travelled with this airline before here goes.

In regards to meals etc, as these are pre-ordered on line, and perhaps not everyone wants a meal, how do they determine when they are going to provide them?

We normally go with Malaysia airlines therefore everyone getting fed at the same time.

Also if you have requested two meals due to a long haul flight how do they decide which meal they will provide at each time?

Can you purchase wine or beer to go with your meal? or is it only non alcohol drinks - not that it matters just curious.

Thank you for your replies

Darwin, Northern...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Meals on Air Asia

I think you can request or they will ask you on the flight whether you would like your meal now or later. Never tried their food offerings before but I am sure that they do not serve alcoholic drinks.

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Meals on Air Asia

Yes, they do serve alcohol. Have a look here....

www.airasia.com/my/en/flightinfo/aaxfnb.page

Edit

I assume that you are flying AirAsiaX

Edited: 3:28 am, May 25, 2012
Denver, Colorado
3. Re: Meals on Air Asia

Hi Scotgal,

Just popping in to mention that we've moved your topic here, to the Air Travel forum, where it is better placed and will be more visible to others with the same questions about this airline.

Thanks for participating and happy travels!

TA_Louise

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
4. Re: Meals on Air Asia

In my experience they check where passengers who have ordered meals are seated and then bring you the meals. As for times for 2nd meal if on Air Asia X ( long haul ) then probably one near the start and one later, but just as the cabin staff. I have only done short haul.

My personal humble opinion is you would have received more response if this had been left on the Malaysia Forum where of course countless people use Air Asia and lots of threads questions and comments about Air Asia all the time

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 41
5. Re: Meals on Air Asia

I have travelled twice recently in March by Air Asia.

The food can be pre-ordered or purchased on the aircraft.

They serve the pre-ordered clients first and what is left is then sold.

The food was delicious and very affordable,especially the Malaysian/Indonesian meals and there was a wide choice of snacks and drinks.

It beats some of the tasteless and unappealing meals served on Full service airlines

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 55
6. Re: Meals on Air Asia

You can also buy beer & wine

Bring Malaysian money if you can - their conversion rate is definitely in their favour

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Meals on Air Asia

In October I will be flying from Singapore to Bali. I haven't ordered a meal as the flight is at 9pm in the evening. I'll probably purchase some snacks at the airport but naturally drinks are much easier to buy on the plane.

If I do buy a drink what currency will I need? Or can I use a credit card?

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 132
8. Re: Meals on Air Asia

Air Asia X vegetarian choices are woeful. Short-haul ok, though.

Meal times are determined by airline-- you can't choose when you eat (you only can if flying premium cabin).

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 47
9. Re: Meals on Air Asia

@HarleyB: SGD if you have it. Have never used credit cards (not sure if they have the facility).

Edited: 6:47 am, May 28, 2012
Oxford, United...
reviews: 125
10. Re: Meals on Air Asia

When I used Air Asia long haul, we did pre order our meals. When they do the meal service, they give all customers who pre-ordered their meals first.

The food is basic, it is just the meal, no sides, starters, cheese packs like you might get on other economy meals. It is literally just the meal. Is is ok. Personally I would only bother if you had a long flight.