We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt Airport Amenities

Viera, Florida
Frankfurt Airport Amenities

My wife and I have a 10 hour layover in Frankfurt. Are there showers airside open to the public (i.e. not in a lounge accessible to specific frequent flyers) and is there comfortable seating in the public areas? Or do we have to pay for lounge access at non-exclusive lounges like the Sky Lounge? Any info would be greatly appreciated. And does anyone have any info on the Sky Lounge at FRA? I have not really been able to find any info on it.

Pembroke Pines...
Destination Expert
for Doral
reviews: 409
1. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

For me a very uncomfortable and crowded airport. Wouldn't know about showers, never looked for them (luckily my layovers were usually short there). Some of the seating worst in public areas...

Edited: 3:55 pm, May 24, 2012
Pembroke Pines...
Destination Expert
for Doral
reviews: 409
2. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

Worst seating not "seating worst", sorry my edit went wrong.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
3. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

The below link may provide some answers to your questions.

frankfurt-airport.com/content/…stopover.html

Viera, Florida
4. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

Thanks, I missed that portion on their website. It seems like there are showers, which will be good.

Have you from anyone or do you have first hand experience using the Sky Lounge? If possible I would rather find out if it's worth the $30-$60 my wife and I will have to spend to enter it, or if there is not much of a difference from sitting in the public area.

South Pole
reviews: 37
5. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

i would be considering a day room in one of the surrounding hotels.

ask on the frankfurt forum.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
6. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

The below PDF file should give you all the info you need. Besides the Sky Lounge, there's also a Luxx Lounge available for all travelers and Day Room options at various hotels.

frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airp…

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
7. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

The Sheraton across the rod from the main terminal has both showers (ask about a day room) and good seating.

8. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, May 25, 2012
9. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

How did you make out? I've been through Frankfurt several times and based on my experience, if you had a 10 hour layover, the day room is a great option though expensive. I just got a new oorp card that gives me access to the Luxx Lounge of Skyy Lounge and would be interested in hearing which is better. I also have access to United via my USAir club card but I haven't been too impressed with the United Club in Frankfurt. Lufthansa Lounge is decent.....

JAPAN
reviews: 300
10. Re: Frankfurt Airport Amenities

We just came in on a flight from the U.S. and upon arrival the airline handed us a card that allowed entry into the LUXX narrivals lounge. The lounge is spacious, has some decent food and drink offerings and gives away free Internet. A sign outside offered day passes for 30 Euro. In my opinion much more reasonable than a day room at either the Sheraton or one of the Hiltons.

Free showers are available, always important if you arrived after a long flight.

By the way the lounge is landside.