We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opodo UK

australia
reviews: 46
Opodo UK

I recently used Opodo to purchase tickets from Sydney Australia to New York return and I must say I was hessitant after reading all the negative reviews pertaining to their service. They offered the cheapest fare online and I saved $2500 for a family of 6. I could not believe the airfare price but took a gamble and my tickets were confirmed with Qantas within minutes. Also I noticed a discrepancy in the payment and sent them an email. Within 24 hours they replied and cleared up the problem. Lesson learned today. Don't read into people's negative reviews too much as it seems businesses like Opodo get misrepresented by these reviews, thereby altering your decision in pursue of a cheap airfare and possibly missing out.

316 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Opodo UK

For a 3rd party booker, I'd say Opodo generally has a very good reputation. I don't remember reading much in the way of serious complaints in here.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
2. Re: Opodo UK

"Don't read into people's negative reviews too much as it seems businesses like Opodo get misrepresented by these reviews, thereby altering your decision in pursue of a cheap airfare and possibly missing out"

Glad you were happy but you could equally argue not too read too much into people's positive reviews - in my opinion the key is being aware of what you are buying and all the associated terms etcs

australia
reviews: 46
3. Re: Opodo UK

I agree.

London, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Opodo UK

Exactly, there is not many bad reviews for them, and when there is, it seems to be either poor follow up customer service or people not understanding what they are buying and the associated terms and conditions and then complaining about it.

For a third party booker, they appear to do what they say and are one of the larger and more reputable ones.

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: Opodo UK

"Glad you were happy but you could equally argue not too read too much into people's positive reviews - in my opinion the key is being aware of what you are buying and all the associated terms etcs"

Spot on, though I would add that being aware of the product you are buying might also include taking into account people's experiences as they are posted in forums like these.

znojmo
reviews: 12
6. Re: Opodo UK

Opodo is the first site i look at when looking for flights and would never even consider that they would offer shody service. They are not always the cheapest and not the only online agent i use but they have my full trust.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 14
7. Re: Opodo UK

I would say just be careful of the separate credit card charge which will appear on your credit card statement. We paid 37.98 to Edream who I believe have merged with Opodo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They say if it looks too good to be true - it probably is. Also be very careful using Skyscanner to book flights where they direct you to book with Opodo only and not the airline directly, which in our case was Ryanair. A lesson learned I'd say!!

Newcastle, England...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Opodo UK

I've never had any troubles with Opodo, touch wood.

I know it's always best to book with the airline, but sometimes the savings are so drastic you can't possibly not book with a third party.

London
reviews: 55
9. Re: Opodo UK

I had a great deal on my flights to Ls Vegas via Detriot in February. Price came out much cheaper than the Delta, or indeed any other, website. Email confirmation arrived in minutes, and the reservation number worked on Delta website the same day so I could choose my seats etc.

Would use them again no problem.

Jo

York, United Kingdom
10. Re: Opodo UK

My son booked his flights to and from Guyana from Glasgow. with Opodo. He broke his ankle in Guyana, which required all airlines involved to be informed for the return flights home. I spoke to Maria on two occasions and she could not have been more helpful, supplying me with websites and airline information I was unable to obtain myself. A Huge Thank You to Maria and Opodo. I would highly recommend this wonderful company.

Reply to: Opodo UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted