We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UA21 from Manchester to Newark

Newcastle Upon Tyne
reviews: 7
UA21 from Manchester to Newark

Hi, I'm flying from Manchester to Newark in September with United airlines on flight UA21. A little bit of research has shown this is a 757-200. I was just wondering if anyone who has been on this flight knows if they have the seat back TV's? I've checked the website and it says two different things in different sections. On the plane layout it says overhead tv's but on the in flight entertainment section it says AVOD. Can anyone confirm if it is the seat back TV's please? Thank you!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 158
1. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

I believe that UA are in the process of installing PTV's on these 757's (ex Continental fleet). Not sure how many have or haven't got them but a friend recently flew EWR -GLA on UA16 (N12125) and they had PTV's onboard.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
2. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully we will have them then. Flew with continental in 2010 to Newark and had them on that flight so fingers crossed!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
3. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

I flew this flight last year when it was CO21 and it had seat back TVs with AVOD - assuming they continue to use a former Continental 757-200 on this route then you should get the seat back TV with AVOD.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

Yes, confirmed, AVOD on all transoceanic 757's.

united.com/web/…default.aspx

Plus, if you could stump up a few extra pounds, all 757s have Economy Plus with 5" extra legroom over basic economy.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
5. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

I flew this flight last month and agree this is the old CO configuration as noted in the posts above.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
6. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

Thank you for all the replies everyone!

Leeds, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

Hi,

I'm also fling Manchester to Newark on a united plane in September.

I have a really stupid question, is the UA21 the same as the UA0021? as that's the flight I'm traveling on.

Also where did you find the info about the plane if you don't mind me asking?

Have you travelled with United before? If so would you mind saying how you found it as It's my first international flight and first time with United and well really nervous lol. Thanks so much.

Maria.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
8. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

Hi, the united airlines website has details of the planes on there. Just google united airlines! I havnt flown with them before sorry so not sure what they're like. Hopefully ok but as long as they get me there and back that'll do!

Leeds, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

Thanks loads for your help and ye feel the same :)

Are you in economy? I'm hoping they have personal TVs too and are comfortable enough.

Hope you have a fab time.

Maria.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
10. Re: UA21 from Manchester to Newark

mariaht

"I have a really stupid question, is the UA21 the same as the UA0021? as that's the flight I'm traveling on." - UA 21 & UA0021 are the same flight, the airline's flight systems sometimes includes leading zeros to make a standard 4 digit no.

You can see details of the inflight services on the following link.

https:/…default.aspx