We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Planet Airlines"

Salisbury
reviews: 16
Small Planet Airlines"

Travelling in June and have just had our airline changed from Olympic to Small Planet airlines. Never heard of them before, all I can find out is they're Lithuanian. Has anybody travelled with them before ?

1,042 replies to this topic
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Agios Gordios
reviews: 12
1. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

Olympic were not your airline they are the holiday company, do a search for small plant for more info.

Salisbury
2. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

We were originally flying with Olympic Airways, flight no OAI363.. We booked flight & accommodation throught directline holidays.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 65
3. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

OAI was the code for Torair. Small Planet and Torair have links; we flew with Torair to Chania last year, and lots of the plane fittings - trollies, safety cards etc. were badged Small Planet.

Torair have now gone, and small Planet have taken their place in the olympic holidays roster, along with Strategic. As ziggysboy says, Olympic Holidays are a completely separate company from Olympic Airways, and as far as I know Olympic holidays have never used Olympic airways flights at all.

Chichester, United...
4. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

Last year we flew to Zante, booked with Olympic and were going to fly with Strategic Airlines., no problem. We have just booked Kethalonia for June 24th and that is with Small Planet through Olympic. Had a hard job finding out about SP and had to phone Olympic to find out the terminal (south). Not bothered really who we fly with, I note that Olympic are currently using Monarch for May and changing to SP in June, they probably shop around for the best price same as us!

Salisbury
5. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

Just wondered what their service was like. We're flying out on 23rd June, staying at Lorenzo Hotel , Lassi for our 20th wedding anniversary. We stayed there on our honeymoon. Where are you staying ?

wirral
reviews: 82
6. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

Doesn't sound encouraging.Torair,Small Planet,Strategic.They get you there but you are unlikely to enjoy the experience.Flew Strategic last week from Malaga an aircraft replacement for Jet2.Tightest seat pitch I have ever had to endure even worse than Thomson,battered aircraft interior esp the toilet I used.These carriers are fallbacks.They aren't in the business to make customers want to repeat fly with them.They exist because they are cheap and available.By comparison DanAir were a luxury.

Chichester, United...
7. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

We are leaving Gatwick with small planet on the 24th June and staying the VioLatos studios in Agia Ethimia. We visited Kefalonia 3 years ago and loved it and vowed to return. We stayed then at the Notos Studios in Katelios, but although we hired a car didn't get as far as the north of the island. We did briefly visit Agia Ethimia and thought it would be a good base for the centre and north areas, with a few bars etc for the evenings, can't wait!

Chichester, United...
8. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

I will add we could have booked exactly the same holiday with the Coop at £50 a head more but flown with a more recognised airline, now to me a £100 is a £100, should pay for the car hire!

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 10
9. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

We flew with Small Planet last Saturday LGW to EFL.

Quite OK - no worse than Easyjet or Ryanair. No silly baggage restrictions and a "free" inflight breakfast!

Hadn't eaten one of those in years and had forgotton what at treat they are!

Ironically the worst part of the whole experience was checkin at Gatwick - by BRITISH Servisair!

Maybe BAA should contract it out to the Lithuanians!

wirral
reviews: 82
10. Re: Small Planet Airlines"

blokefromwales please post again after your return flight to UK.So far you are only 50% satisfied.Many prospective visitors to Cephalonia are keen to hear about this airline and no doubt are hoping overall experiences are better than Torair.

Reply to: Small Planet Airlines"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted