We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bravofly

Beverley, United...
reviews: 11
Bravofly

Has anybody booked their flights with this company recently, it appears that you can get your flights slightly cheaper is there a reason for this?

771 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 105
1. Re: Bravofly

Have a search of the forum for Bravofly and come back and tell us if you're still prepared to take the risk.

What kind of flight are you booking? If it's a straight forward return flight why would you want to go to a third party anyway.

London, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Bravofly

I think if you read their terms and conditions, as well as many of the posts on this forum regarding customer service, then yes there is a reason.

However are you sure it's cheaper? With all fees included? Inc if anything goes wrong and you need to change,,or the airline makes a change?

Terrigal, Australia
reviews: 250
3. Re: Bravofly

Hi,

Use Bravofly to search - good search engine - then once having found your flight/airline - go directly to the airline site and book - direct - might cost a little more - but cuts out the middleman !

Safe Travels

Edited: 6:49 am, May 12, 2012
Manchester, United...
4. Re: Bravofly

Hi,

Like Vada I use them to search for flights as they have a wide range of choices available and quite a few times they have come up with cheaper prices than the airlines so I booked with them and didn't have any problems.

A lot of these types of sites have agreements with various airlines - maybe that's why the prices were slightly cheaper.

Happy travelling!

5. Re: Bravofly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, June 20, 2012

London, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Bravofly

Well from what is admittedly my only experience with them I don't recommend Bravofly. This morning I searched their site for flights from Gatwick to Dubrovnik. They had what I wanted at a reasonable price so I gave my credit card details and passenger information. The flights were with Thomson and all looked good. Bravofly sent a confirmation of my booking at 10:30am but said it needed to be confirmed with the airline. Nothing happened until that evening when they finally sent another e-mail, more than EIGHT hours later, cancelling the reservation and saying my card would not be charged. That's all very well but WHY offer flights you can't actually confirm instantly with the airline? Meanwhile I was left dangling and lost eight hours of time during which I was unable to book the other aspects of my holiday; hotel, car hire etc etc. Not impressed.

Orlando, Florida
7. Re: Bravofly

I have had the worst experience with Bravofly Customer service. I have never seen such a careless customer service when i booked a cheaper flight online and i was told that i will receive an email confirmation. I never received that email confirmation & i was surprised with an email from Bravofly the next day telling me that the price went up & my airfare that i bought was cancelled. They didn't try to honor it or do anything about it. All they said is SORRY! i went ahead & bought the airfare with the increase and again No email confirmation. The next day i received the same email saying that the price went up again & i need to pay more or else my airfare will be cancelled. I had to call Bravofly worst customer service and asked them to send me an email confirmation right away so i can print out my boarding pass...And again they didn't sound like they care. They are too far from professionalism. It was the worst experience ever!!! Ryanair was the airlines i flew with and i don't recommend it at all...The first price that i paid for my airfare was 25 Euros and after the increase that happened with no reason i ended up paying 200 Euros & it was a one way. Bravofly & Ryanair need to learn from Customer Service in the United States & see how customers are treated.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Bravofly

The problem was not so much Bravofly as trying book Ryanair through them. Ryanair does not allow this and does not give Bravofly live access to their inventory. If the flight is very soon, and it sounds like it, fares could be going up hourly.

Book direct with Ryanair. It is always cheapest and safer as they can cancel any bookings made with a third party.

London, United...
reviews: 22
9. Re: Bravofly

Ryanair don't permit third party bookings for commercial purposes, as such it's against their terms and conditions,

So what you had is a situation, that once you spoke or emailed, someone had to go onto their site, just as you would, and buy the ticket for you. They would then have to add a premium to cover their service., so ultimately you paid more than booking direct with Ryan air, and you could have done it a lot quicker, ie immediately, saving money, as the prices will be increasing every time someone goes into it.

Much better to just book with the airline, but as a min, you really need to compare the costs of the two and make an educated decision,, not simply be swayed by cheap flight adverts.

Bravofly has a lot of complaints on here, so poor customer service is not surprise, however they do state, you need to wait till the second email to know the price.

New York
reviews: 5
10. Re: Bravofly

Honestly, after dealing with Bravofly for the past month, I am on a mission to make sure that no one ever uses them again. After booking my flight, I never received a confirmation. 5 days later, they finally send me an email saying my outbound flight is cancelled. So, I then spend the next 10 days calling/emailing with no response to try and figure out what's going on. I finally have to book a completely new flight to make sure I can actually make it to my destination and finally today ( I fly out tomorrow), they call me and ask what I would like to do. After stating that I have already booked new flight and would like a refund, they simply say they can only refund the first flight that was cancelled and not the return flight. So, now I'm out 150 Euro because I couldn't get in touch with them for 10 days. Simply unacceptable in my book. I really wish I would have read peoples horror stories before every using this company.

Reply to: Bravofly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted