We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia Airlines

Derby, United...
Malaysia Airlines

Anyone care to offer out any opinions on Malaysia Airlines? Due to travel with them next month and wondering what people's thoughts are!

25 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Malaysia Airlines

You can find loads of reviews here:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/mas.htm

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
2. Re: Malaysia Airlines

We've travelled with them a few times and like all Asian airlines they offer a very good service, I would definitely fly with them again.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Malaysia Airlines

I've flown with them once - last December - on BLR-KUL-PVG, and I thought they were very good. Here's my review.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4982927…

Note that Malaysia are very strict with carry on bags. They inspect and weigh them at check in, and they do another sweep at the gate, so make sure you adhere to those rules. The upside of this is that boarding is a breeze, as there is plenty of room in the overhead bins for everyone.

Isle of Man
reviews: 34
4. Re: Malaysia Airlines

I have traveled with them a few times and think they were great. The service was very good, the staff friendly and I wouldnt hesitate to fly with them again.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 129
5. Re: Malaysia Airlines

Looking forward to flying on MH's new aircraft soon. They offer excellent value for money and generally very gracious cabin crew (I've had a couple of bad experiences, like all airlines you can catch people on a bad day). Not as flash as Singapore Airlines but definitely fly with MH.

Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 899
6. Re: Malaysia Airlines

Travelled with them some years ago. They are ok, nothing special when compared to Singapore airlines and soon after we flew with them some regulars flyers with them were remarking they were not as good as they used to be.

Derby, United...
7. Re: Malaysia Airlines

I'm definitely not expecting Singapore Airlines etc but as long as they're clean and comfortable, with decent food and happy cabin crew, I guess that's all that matters!

All other opinions though, good or bad, will be appreciated!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 45
8. Re: Malaysia Airlines

I'm a fan .... Like the 34" seat pitch on long haul. Crew usually fab. Decent food. Mostly on-time take-offs. Clean toilets.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 55
9. Re: Malaysia Airlines

Hi

I have flown with them lots of times and would continue to do so but unfortunately they stopped flying out of Manchester!

Always had an enjoyable flight with Malaysian. The crew were always very pleasant and the food not too bad.

Enjoy

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 11
10. Re: Malaysia Airlines

We did 4 flights with Malaysia Airlines last February and couldn't fault them. Each flight left and arrived on time, FA's were charming and very professional. Food was great and plenty of beveridges (both "hard" and "soft") offered throughout the flights. IFE never missed a beat and gave a wide range of choices. Bathrooms were very clean.

Just a tip ... your cabin baggage will be weighed at check-in so just be sure you are within weight restrictions.

Happy trails. :)

Reply to: Malaysia Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted