We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Cambridge UK
reviews: 35
Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Hi,

Just wondered if I'm better off checking in online or getting to check in early? Any experiences with using the baggage drop at Stansted?

Thanks

43 replies to this topic
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
1. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

The queues at the bag drop are usually less than at standard check in. If you've selected your seats and submitted your API I would check in online.

Cambridge UK
2. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Thanks,

Yes have done both so I might well do that.

northumberland
reviews: 39
3. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

when can i do the on line check in as im going to faro in portugal in 2 weeks on saturday and using thomas cook airlines from newcastle, we have pre book seats and 20 kgs, this would help me with more information and help me with the group as well

Cambridge UK
4. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Between 7 days and 3 days before flight I think.

London, United...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Yes, a.ways check in on line. Never fails to astound me how many people don't and then queue for check in at the airport.

On typical short haul scheduled flights predominantly with business travellers, most people do actually check in on line, and but flights with typical holiday makers on board it's the exact opposite.

We flew on holiday at xmas, we got to the airport three hours before hand. Massive queue for check in for economy on etihad. I asked the lady for baggage drop off, she lifted the rope, they took us immediately at the business desk, and we walked off with a bemused look on our face at probably two hundred people queuing and staring back at us as we had simply went to the front of the queue. Not one other person at that time had done the same

thing.

My 14 year old daughter actually said to me....what are they all doing just

standing there like that?

So yes.,check in on line and save yourself some queuing time.

Cambridge UK
6. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Will baggage drop open at same time as check in?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
7. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Yes, it will open and close the same times as the check in desks.

Online check in opens 7 day prior and close 25 hours prior.

UK
reviews: 81
8. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Froggy, had exactly the same experience with American Airlines at Heathrow last year, straight to bag drop whilst (I estimate) 200 people were queuing.

I suppose we didn't see the ones that did the same as us as they weren't hanging around in a stonking great queue, but bag dropped and left :-)

FWIW a couple years ago at Gatwick for Easyjet having done OLCI already , the bag drop Q was 5 or 6 families deep, no one at the ordinary check in so I went there instead, they didnt mind.

London, United...
reviews: 22
9. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Yes, it's weird,,,,sometimes you see the opposite scenario...bag drop queued out and normal desks empty., I just switch too:))

Alsager
reviews: 50
10. Re: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)

Do you have to pre book seats to check in on line?

Reply to: Thomas Cook On line check - in + baggage drop (STN)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted