We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bravofly

Brussels, Belgium
Bravofly

I booked tockets with Bravofly for five of us to go to Spain next week. The information they have given me for my check in with Ryanair is false and despite endless calls to the UK number I can't get any help. They constantly put me on hold or say that someone will call me back, which they never do. As these calls are being charged at a high rate, is this just a scam to make money from desperate people calling over and over again? Can anyone advise me?

93 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 85
1. Re: Bravofly

You may not be aware of this but Ryanair explicitly ban third party bookings, indeed if they find out a booking had been made through a third party they will often cancel it.

Most people here, mostly, advise against using third parties at all, but in the case of a LCC like Ryanair or Easyjet I have no idea why you would ever book using one. Surely the flights cannot be any cheaper than you'd get going direct? (especially with Ranair where third parties book flights by "screen scraping" the Ryanair website so there are no special deals they can offer).

So, sorry to be harsh, but your penny-wise, pound foolish behaviour has landed you with the normal issues of low price / budget / cheap as chips agencies, eg cr*p customer service. You dint really imagine they offered those low prices for free did you? The cost of (supposedly*) low prices is nearly always rubbish customer service as you have discovered.

My suggestion is, contact your credit card supplier, challenge the charge on the grounds you haven't been supplied what you paid for, and book direct.

And dont go near any of these sort of organizations again and certainly not for budget airlines, just book direct, your "savings" are likely to be a fiver for a world of hassle.

* (often misleading you about how cheap they are but thats another story)

Edited: 7:26 am, May 04, 2012
Chiasso, Switzerland
2. Re: Bravofly

Dear Jo,

I'm sorry to hear you have been having trouble with our check-in and contacting our call centre. I can assure you that this is not a scam and if you could please email me at Sofia@Bravofly.com with your booking reference number I will look into your problem immediately.

Our aim is to provide our customers with the best offers available in order to give them the possibility to fly at the most economical price available using our innovative flight search engine and its filters. Our team works continuously to satisfy our customers' needs by using the latest technology and from start to finish we try to offer the best possible customer support and we pride ourselves on offering complete assistance when problems occur.

I apologise that on this occasion we have not met our usual standards and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Sofia

Sofia@Bravofly.com

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Bravofly

Hello Sophia from Bravofly,

So could you perhaps explain why you are selling seats on RyanAir which, according to that airline's terms and conditions, you have no authority to sell, and could lead to the passengers' tickets being canceled?

OP - file a dispute with your credit card company. Bravofly does not have have authority to sell RyanAir tickets, nor does any other third party.

Edited: 3:43 am, May 07, 2012
Chiasso, Switzerland
4. Re: Bravofly

Hello there,

In response to your question regarding Ryanair, this is a topic that has been raised for a number of years now. We have been offering Ryanair flights for a long time and a huge number of people have flown on Ryanair through booking on our site without any problems whatsoever and continue to do so. There is no need to worry when purchasing said flights through our services as they are valid travel documents.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards, Sofia

Sofia@Bravofly.com

UK
reviews: 85
5. Re: Bravofly

a huge number of people have flown on Ryanair through booking on our site without any problems whatsoever

======

I'm sure they have. What about the ones that had their bookings cancelled?

Though I am still at a loss to know why anyone would book a Ryanair flight via Bravofly, since they screenscrape the website and have no special deal with them, the very best they can offer is the exact same price as the Ryanair website itself !

Plus, the 2nd paragraph of ryanairs Ts&Cs specifically states "Ryanair therefore reserves the right to cancel any bookings made other than directly through Ryanair.com, including any bookings made through third party websites, including online travel agents, and further reserves the right to refuse to carry any passenger making such a booking." And there are a number of warnings when using the Ryanair website to the effect that third parties and screen scraping is against teh Ts&Cs and not allowed. Their website, their rules.

Given all this, and at best, the same price, why would anyone take that chance ?

It would be interesting if the OP could come back and say why they didn't book direct since by definition Bravofly can add nothing but extra complication for Ryanair bookings

Edited: 11:55 am, May 09, 2012
Chiasso, Switzerland
6. Re: Bravofly

Our aim is to provide our customers with the best offers and customer support all the way through from the start to post-booking and after sales. This also applies to Ryanair flights which have been booked through Bravofly amongst many other low cost and traditional airlines without any problems related to the issue you mentioned.

Cancellations to flights can be made by an airline for a number of reasons and we look after all our customers in such instances.

Kind regards, Sofia

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 87
7. Re: Bravofly

Why on earth use Bravofly. Just book directly with Ryanair.

As others have mentioned, Ryanair expressly forbid sales via 3rd party agents, why put yourself at risk of having your flight cancelled.

RE #6, well Bravofly would say that wouldn't they.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
8. Re: Bravofly

"Cancellations to flights can be made by an airline for a number of reasons and we look after all our customers in such instances."

Oh come on, none of those reasons have to do with *you* violating the terms and conditions stipulated by the airline. You can't be blamed for cancelations due to, say,weather or route changes made by the airline but you are clearly responsible for any cancelations incurred as a result of buying a Ryanair ticket through your website. In my book it's really no different from the companies that buy up frequent flyer miles and use them to sell cheap business class seats.

Edited: 10:17 am, May 15, 2012
9. Re: Bravofly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, June 20, 2012

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
10. Re: Bravofly

athariel

There was no need to post this on 3 seperate threads - I guess you booked with them in the first place to save a small amount of money.

Next time just book direct with the airline.

Reply to: Bravofly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions