We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

South West UK
Level Contributor
234 posts
11 reviews
New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

At last a new UC offering from VS

Be interesting to see the reviews from next week onwards

virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/the-virgin-experie…

The new Upper Class Suite is now flying the VS003* from Heathrow to New York JFK and the VS004* back to London. More destinations will be added as the rest of our A330 aircraft join the fleet throughout 2012, and our new 787 aircraft from 2014.

*Six days a week

JB

UK
Level Contributor
49,574 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

The good = each seat its own aisle access

The bad = looks poor for couples flying together

Northants, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

Very good but extremely limited storage. The pocket beside the seat is so narrow you have difficulty getting your fingers into it, let alone getting you phone etc out of it later!

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

It looks like the fundamental flaws continue over - not enough room, not actually all that comfortable and frankly like flying while sitting in the bath!

And although it must be admitted UC is a "business class", it's still a bugger if you want to speak to another passenger, unless at the bar...

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

It doesn't look that different from the last time I flew UC, a few years ago, LGW-BGI.

Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

I found it very disappointing and a step backwards. On the A330 they've crammed in extra seats and the aisles are so narrow that as they walked by, flight attendants constantly knocked my feet that were well inside the boundaries of the so-called ottoman. Also, the materials are shoddy and are already looking worn. It's just doesn't live up to the promise and the only things I would say are good about flying upper class are the Virgin Clubhouse and the entertainment system on board. And they don't even serve you real coffee!

london
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
6. Re: New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

The new upper class design is ridiculous , smaller space and shorter beds , unable to speak to travelling partner and crew constantly bumping into my feet whilst I tried to sleep . The old design on 747 was better , more room and more comfort. Fly BA

London
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
73 reviews
7. Re: New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

You do realise that the original post is nearly two years old, don't you?

essex england
Level Contributor
242 posts
70 reviews
8. Re: New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

Can it be true that they don't serve 'real coffee' (post 5)? Are you saying that after having paid God knows what for Upper Class they serve you crappy instant? Oh Virgin Atlantic how low can you go? And just to add my bit I remember a couple of years ago flying to the Caribbean, they didn't serve nibbles with drinks in PE because of quote from the apologetic air crew - 'it's a cost-cutting measure'

Edited: 4:20 pm, March 04, 2014
9. Re: New Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 06, 2015