We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium Plaza Lounge Toronto

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 7
Premium Plaza Lounge Toronto

Has anyone used the Premium Plaza Lounge in Toronto before a morning flight? I would like to know what they have available to eat before a morning flight. Do they have eggs and bacon, or just bagels and such? Debating whether to purchase breakfast at the airport or pay for the Lounge and eat there.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 15
1. Re: Premium Plaza Lounge Toronto

Hi BarbaraJean99,

I realize this isn't directly answering your question since you are specifically asking about the breakfast, but incase you don't get any other responses I will tell you my experience from when I visited last year in the evening before my nighttime flight. They had a variety of hot and cold options such as pastas and salads. On their website they say that they offer hot dishes, so I would think they will have something like eggs and bacon for the mornings because this seems like the simplest hot food they could serve. I didn't see any spot where they could do anything to 'make to order' like waffles etc. so I would assume scrambled eggs would probably be on offer (although this is purely speculation). I was in the lounge in international departures, if this makes a difference.

The food wasn't that great but acceptable, so if you are only considering it for that aspect, then I wouldn't waste the money on the lounge and would try to find something else. For us, since we arrived from out of town and wanted to make sure we were very early, it was nice to pass a couple of hours in a room with more comfortable seating and much quieter than at the gate so the cost was worth it. Also, if you haven't already, check with your airline to see if they give a discount. We flew with AirTransat and received one so it was much more cost effective this way.

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 35
2. Re: Premium Plaza Lounge Toronto

I use the YYZ Plaza Lounge (much better than the Air Canada MLL) all the time, but I can't remember the last time I did so in the early morning.

Since it sounds like you don't have free access, my advice is to just purchase breakfast at an airport restaurant. The amount you will pay for admission to the lounge will be enough to buy you a good breakfast. The food at the lounge is OK, but you'll get a better meal in a proper restaurant.

If you already had free lounge access, then I might suggest the lounge.

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Premium Plaza Lounge Toronto

Thank you both for your input. It seems that there are many discount coupons available that let you in for $24.00. I have used the Maple Leaf lounge a few times and had heard that this lounge the food was somewhat better.

London, Canada
4. Re: Premium Plaza Lounge Toronto

I use it frequently in Terminal 1 and 3. The overall quality of food has gone down substantially in the lounge at Terminal 3 after they have lost Eva(Taiwanese) line, etc. The lounge at Terminal 1 is really not so good as the one at Terminal 3: The food stations are divided into two; and each individual seat does not have electrical outlet for laptops, and thus people have to use the extension to a kind of island table in the middle of the room. Food station needed to be replenished more frequently as the bowls, etc, were inadequately small, letting alone their much to-be-improved quality. And it was quite crowded. I would not recommend the use of the one at Terminal 1.

Penetang
reviews: 10
5. Re: Premium Plaza Lounge Toronto

Do not waste your money on this overpriced lounge. We are a family of 4 who used this lounge on March 6/13 and it was disgusting. They had potato salad out for breakfast that had a hard crust on it that was probably from the lunch the day before. Nothing was fresh. The egg sandwiches were tasteless made on stale bead. We arrived about 8:15am and the egg and hash brown trays were empty as well as the coffee machine. We approached the guy sitting at the desk as you enter because he was the only staff around and stood there waiting to ask him if they could get more food and he ignored us while he played on his cell phone. He was extremely rude and annoyed at our request. The tables were full of dirty dishes but the place was empty except for us and another family of 4. Save your money people, this place is a disgrace.

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: Premium Plaza Lounge Toronto

I travel 4 times per year and always use it, I absolutely love it there, secluded, away from the crowd, a bit of food to eat or snack on, some drinks, juices, comfy couches . Not sure if it's worth the money but I do like it as a treat.

7. Re: Premium Plaza Lounge Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 03, 2014