We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positive United Airlines feedback

Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
28 reviews
Positive United Airlines feedback

To balance out some of the recent anti-UA posts lately here is something I received in my email inbox out of the blue today.

Only problem is I haven't got any trips planned.

"We're extending your Economy Plus annual option

Dear xxxxxxx,

We hope you're enjoying your Economy Plus® annual option. Your subscription has either recently expired or is set to expire within the next month; however, we are currently unable to offer annual option renewals. Because we appreciate your loyalty and your interest in Economy Plus seating, we are extending your subscription, free of charge, until we reintroduce an Economy Plus subscription product. Please enjoy your extended access to Economy Plus."

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

you must work for united!!! ;-)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,608 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

^^^^ LOL

Good on United for doing that. Though I reckon a few MP Silvers may be a little cheesed off as they lost the free E+ (at booking) as of March 3.

Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

Yes, I am one of those Premier Silvers so this is good news for now. Interested to see how long it lasts though.

Wish I did work for United - imagine the benefits then.

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

And we just got off a United flight in Denver, connected through Sydney and Los Angeles from Melbourne. Great business like service once again. Manage to get an exit row at check-in (Silver MP) which rocks when your 6'5". Probably should have eased up on the Glenlivet though.

One hiccup, late arrival at LAX meant a very tight connection which the oversized snowboard tube missed. That will be delivered to our hotel later tonight. THe surprising part was United offered to pay snowboard rental if we wanted to hit the slopes this afternoon. It's been 28 hours since we got out of bed; no thanks.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

geez another united employee on this thread!

so with me, vacation and noel that must almost all of united's australian staff sticking up for the company.

Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

"......geez another united employee on this thread!...."

and maybe given how far we have to go to get anywhere from Australia maybe we're just happy when we get there despite the odd hiccup or two that sometimes happens......

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

that's about it in a nutshell, vacation.

Ware, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
8. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

I've been waiting for United to reply to my numerous emails and feedback that I have left since 9/4/12 about our experiences in Chicago, and as of 10/7/12 there's been no reply.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,608 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

Yet another necroposter. :(

If it's any help, I provided feedback (not a complaint, but feedback) the first week of August. I got a detailed reply last week, together with compensation that I hadn't asked for. So they do reply.

Edited: 1:07 am, October 08, 2012
Herefordshire
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
10. Re: Positive United Airlines feedback

Will you please pass on our sincere thanks to Charlie Waterhouse, International Service Manager for appointing such delightful stewards on the New York/Birmingham flight on Tuesday April 9th? My husband and I were returning from NY, having spent a week there celebrating our Golden Wedding Anniversary. Imagine my surprise when the stewards learnt of this and not only gave us copious congratulations, such as, "We've never met a couple who have been married for 50 years before!", but then gave us a bottle of lovely champagne! As if that wasn't enough, the chief steward announced our names over the microphone, made us put up our hands and asked the whole plane to clap us! We were astounded, but thrilled too. It made a wonderful end to this momentous holiday and we will always remember the kind and generous stewards of that United Airlines flight! A big thank you to you all. Well done! (And stop those complaints you lot!!)