We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never fly United Airlines

reviews: 39
Never fly United Airlines

Please do your best to never fly this airline. United has screwed me on every flight and mileage plus booking I have done in the last 2 years. If its not doubling how many miles I need for a flight, it is changing my flights without comment, or bumping me from upgrades I have purchased. I have canceled my mileage plus card, and I will do everything I can do to never fly with United again!

186 replies to this topic
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
1. Re: Never fly United Airlines

If they've "screwed" you every time why have you continued to fly with them?

2. Re: Never fly United Airlines

I have flown with others, but have had mileage with united and felt some loyalty. That has ended. Unfortunately flying out of Denver doesn't give me too many options, but I will do my best to screw them back.

South Pole
3. Re: Never fly United Airlines

nope, sorry, will continue to fly with them..

they are my airline of choice to and around the usa.

they have never 'screwed' me in over a decade.

In fact quite opposite.

free upgrades, flight changes without penalty, waiving of baggage charges just to name a few.

Edited: 12:35 am, April 03, 2012
4. Re: Never fly United Airlines

You must work for them. I just paid 2000 to change a flight

5. Re: Never fly United Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, April 03, 2012

South Pole
6. Re: Never fly United Airlines

"You must work for them"

LOL

yeah right.!

u will find that that reply destroys all the limited cred u may have had in the first place on this forum.

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
reviews: 60
7. Re: Never fly United Airlines

I wish you'd told me sooner. I'm all buckled in headed for LA right now. How do I get out of this???

8. Re: Never fly United Airlines

What cred do you have? Haven't seen any credentials that tell me you don't work for them.

By the way good luck LA. You might have a bag when you get there. I forgot to post the two lost bags on the last of three trips.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
9. Re: Never fly United Airlines

One of our AT forum regular members works for an airline - but that person is not lien (nor me).

All airlines have schedule changes. With the UA / CO merger that will have meant the potential for even more changes, not to mention a loss of routes and services across the airline industry in the last three or four years.

Change fees are set by the airlines, clearly posted for all to view. Changing a date or routing may incur an additional fare - again not something done by UA only, nor is it hidden, but indicated in the T&C of ticket purchase.

Lost or delayed bags are a pain in the neck, never a pleasure to have to deal with. If bags are delayed because of a schedule change then the onus is on the airline to ensure the bag is reunited with the owner in good time.

If bags are delayed because the passenger checked it at the last minute or allowed the minimum connection time at a busy airport that might be another story. The onus is still on the airline to do what it can to renunite pax and bag. Contact details inside the bag can go a long way to help this process along.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 776
10. Re: Never fly United Airlines

>>What cred do you have? Haven't seen any credentials that tell me you don't work for them.<<

Oh that's rich!

Reply to: Never fly United Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted