We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opinion on United 767-400 business First

Palm Springs...
reviews: 62
opinion on United 767-400 business First

Need your opinion . Never flew on this equipment ( a continental) and am booked for a 10 hour flight on one from Buenos Aires to Houston in what the call "business first" The seats recline 156 degrees about 24 degree off 180 and have a elect foot rest. and 21" width and 58" pitch

Are these the same seats that United had in their first class back in the late 90's. ?

How are they for comfort. I read somewhere that when everybody reclines its tough to get out of your seat and was advised to book the bulkhead because it has the same pitch,however, no reclining seat in front!

What is your experience...or suggestion on the bulkhead. !

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

This is an old CO plane, so I don't know if it's the "same" seat UA had in the last 90s.

I don't like this plane. Yes, if you are in the window seat, it's hard to get out. If you don't want someone to recline into you, choose the bulkhead, but then of course, you have no under seat storage and you are right next to the lavs.

If I was flying by myself, I might consider a seat in the middle row of single seats; there is no IEF equipment under those seats.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

Are these the same seats that United had in their first class back in the late 90s

-----------

If you're thinking of the grey ones with red and white stripes, no.

Edited: 1:51 pm, March 31, 2012
Palm Springs...
reviews: 62
3. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

I remember flying to NZ on a 747 in the 90s in first and thought these were the same yes the red stripe

Thanks Gracie, I booked the window bulkhead and My wife the aisle, I do not care about inderseat as I will have the overhead and plan to sleep 8 hours of the 10.5.. At least they have a shower in IAH for F/C pax and a 2.5 hour connection to Hawaii. where I head next flight

It was the best option I had out of BUE without going 3 more hours to Newark !!

Can you reasonably sleep in one!

Houston, Texas...
4. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

United is currently in the midst of renovating and retrofitting these aircraft with audio/video on-demand in-flight entertainment and flat-bed seats in BusinessFirst, in alignment with pre-merger Continental 757-200 and 777-200 fleet. Of the 12 767-400s in the configuration likely used for IAH-EZE flights, 5 have finished renovation and are back in service, while 2 are presently in Hong Kong and are in the process. The renovation of the 767-400 fleet began only a couple of months ago and is progressing rapidly. Thus, if your flight is not for a month or so, there is a high probability that you will receive a re-configured aircraft with 180-degree lie flat seating. Even if you flew on a 767-400 today (with the exception of flights to Hawaii), you'd have a 50/50 chance of receiving a newly renovated aircraft. I assume you are not flying immediately since it appears that UA is currently using 767-200s on this route, which are NOT receiving said renovation treatment.

tvg
5. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

How did you find all those details, Marsh?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
6. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

I assume you are not flying immediately since it appears that UA is currently using 767-200s on this route, which are NOT receiving said renovation treatment.

---------------

UA haven't had 767-200s since 2005, they're long retired.

Houston, Texas...
7. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

You can check the progress at this site:

https:/…boeing-767-400-pmco-test

The retro-fitted aircraft are the ones where "Flat Bed Seats" = "Yes", "Economy Plus" = 70, "IFE" = "AVOD", etc. Of the 12 767-400s with large BusinessFirst cabins utilized on long-haul transoceanic flights (i.e. not to Hawaii), 5 have been completed and another 2 are in Hong Kong for refurbishment.

On UA's website, they have published seat maps for both the old and new versions of the plane:

united.com/web/…default.aspx

"Version 1" has the lie-flat seats, and "Version 2" is pre-refurbishment.

If you booked a 767-400 flight recently, you were probably presented with the "old" seat map for seat selectino purposes by default. However, since these aircraft are rotated constantly, while the refurb remains in progress, you will be unable to ascertain in which configuration your aircraft will actually come until a couple of days before departure when the Seat Map appears on the Flight Status page at united.com. In a few weeks/months, though, all or nearly all UA 767-400s will have 180-degree lie flat seats in BusinessFirst and On-Demand Entertainment in both cabins.

Here is a photo of the interior of a re-furbed 767-400 with lie flat seats:

…fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423848_3174931849…

Houston, Texas...
8. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

UA inherited both its 767-400s and 767-200s from Continental via the merger.

Like the 767-400s, the 200s are used on Trans-Atlantic and South American routes.

www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7331840

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
9. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

Apologies, I forgot UA inherited some of those 762s.

Houston, Texas
10. Re: opinion on United 767-400 business First

Thanks Marsh, you are a wealth of information. It looks like 9 767-400s have been converted to the new lie-flat 8 row business first configuration as of June 8. I am hoping my ride to FRA on Monday is one of them.