We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budgetair.ca

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
budgetair.ca

Has anyone booked through this site? Any problems? I know they are new. I can't find any reviews online.

97 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: budgetair.ca

They are not new. This webpage has been registered since 08/26/09.

Info about who owns them:

Administrative contact:

Name: Remco Haarlemmer

Postal address: 5900A Rodeo Drive

Mississauga ON L5R3S9 Canada

Phone: +1.9055074445

Fax: +1.9055070247

Email: dns-support@prezent.nl

It's part of Travix International, which also owns some of this forum's "favorites", BudgetAir, CheapTickets, and Vayama.

http://www.travix-international.com/

Appears to also be known as BCD Travel:

http://www.bcdtravel.com/

http://www.bcdtravel.com/aw/home/Address_Data/~jn/canada/

Personally, I'd book directly with the airline.

Canada
reviews: 26
2. Re: budgetair.ca

they have great deals, I just bought Vancouver Athens for this summer for $1258 and it was the cheapest for my dates; I did a lot of research online and could not find anything cheaper. the booking process was smooth. they are part of a big travel group : http://www.budgetair.ca/aboutus

Vancouver, British...
3. Re: budgetair.ca

I think they are new in Canada, but it is a big company. They have some sweet deals. I booked a flight to Brazil for $1,300 with taxes and all included. I usually spend about $1,600 to visit my family in Brazil. I'm only using budgetair.ca from now on.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
4. Re: budgetair.ca

A really ringing endorsement.

Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: budgetair.ca

Reputable Company. Site is easy to navigate and good pricing.

Vancouver, Canada
6. Re: budgetair.ca

Way better deals for flighing in Canada and out off Canada than other companies like, expedia and flight network. My family always buy with them.

Toronto
7. Re: budgetair.ca

Really bad expereince with this company so far. Myself and 3 others are flying to Africa to climb Mount Kilimanjaro for ALS Research. I booked an incredible flight deal with the company on Sunday at 3am and told my friends about the deal later Sunday morning. The deal I booked was unavailable but they got a similar deal for the same price with a slightly different itinerary after much runaround (3 hours on the phone trying to book the three people). This morning (Monday) i received an email saying the reservation was cancelled due to a change in the fare. Hours later my frind received the same email about their itinerary (we were travelling on different flights but for the same fare. Very curious. I am left to belive that this fare is put out there to bring people to the site and that if they have the fare at all it is only one or two tickets whihc they hold on to until the last mintue but use to entice bookings in the hopes that customers after being cancelled will book at a higher fare. The fare is now once again available on the site (yet their email said there had been a fare increase). Again, something is not right with this. the email also cautions you not to rebook the same flight even if you see it (why is it still up after being taken down initially).

I have serious concerns about this companies business practices. If anyone else has had a similar expereince please post. Hopefully enough negative word of mouth can force them to stop this baiting practice.

CDTP

8. Re: budgetair.ca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:51 pm, July 31, 2012

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
9. Re: budgetair.ca

Do NOT book with this company. I travel for work constantly and I have never had a worse experience with any company. All I am trying to do is change one flight and it has taken me 3 days and counting and over 10 phone calls between them and the airline. The staff are completely unhelpful and frankly rude. It's a call center in India that knows nothing about customer service.

Bay Area, CA
10. Re: budgetair.ca

Stephen_b

I apologize for the poor service experience you've had to this point. Please send an email to feedback@budgetair.ca Attn: David and include youd BudgetAir Trip ID. Once I've received your communication and booking details, I'll review your case and get back to you promptly.

Again, my apologies.

Sincerely,

David

BudgetAir Customer Relations Mgr

Reply to: budgetair.ca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted