We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulf airlines

USA
reviews: 102
Gulf airlines

Due to travelling with family and cost issues i had to book a high peak summer travel on gulf airways.

US - Heathrow-Bharaine-Colombo

US - Hathrow is code share with american airlines

Has anyone done this trip? and how are the gulf planes and what will my flight be like from Heathrow to Bharaine ? - is that another code share or GUlf planes. I am concerned about inflight entertainment not working , with 2 kids that is a concern.

any thoughts ?? Thanks.

19 replies to this topic
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 210
1. Re: Gulf airlines

What cabin are you in?

Economy or Falcon Gold (A First/Business cabin)

LHR/BAH is GF, a A330

I flew 4 sectors(( Heathrow/Bahrain/Muscat.) in January in FG so I can advise.

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
2. Re: Gulf airlines

Sometimes GF has A340's on the London to Bahrain route. I haven't flown to Colombo but to several other destinations. A few years ago GF was an excellent airline but in recent years it has gone downhill. I avoid GF due to my negatives experiences.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Gulf airlines

I flew Gulf Air in 2007. They were already going downhill then.

USA
4. Re: Gulf airlines

oh , just economy i am afraid! pls advice about plane conditions and crew if you could, i have heard inflight entertainment does not work most often.

your bags were ok?

Thanks!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 210
5. Re: Gulf airlines

Flight out was on an A340-economy was busy,many using BAH as a transit for the sub continent. AVOD in Business was not working. Return on A330 the AVOD was OK.

Our flight out was delayed by an hour due to a missing pax and we arrived 35 mins late with rising panic amongst transit pax. However all the connecting flights (to Colombo,Muscat,etc )were held to allow the London pax to catch the aircraft. Unfortunately my luggage missed my MCT flight (Mrs SS got hers) but it followed on the next aircraft.

Transit security at BAH is a Zoo especially if your flight coincides with arrivals from say,Katmandu or Manila,full of migrant workers but when through the airport is compact with good signage to the gates.

Mixed reviews on Gulf Air here,but it does seem AVOD is OK in Economy:-

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/gulf.htm

USA
6. Re: Gulf airlines

oh dear! Thank you for your views, at least i will prepare for the worst and hope for the best ! i appreciate your time. It does seem though that they cared about the lateness/transits and you eventually did get yoru bag.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
7. Re: Gulf airlines

And GF nets you zero *A points

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
8. Re: Gulf airlines

Hi,

Well, GF didn't care about my transfer. When the flight eventually arrived in Bahrain the onward airplane had already departed for Bangkok. Anyway, not all of their flights are delayed and I wish you well for your journey to Colombo.

Paris, France
9. Re: Gulf airlines

需要避免的航空公司。

A company I will not take the second time. I miss my plane in Paris and look for the representative of Gulf Air for help. No body in airport. The hotline is quite difficult to call in moreover. Very bad experience

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 105
10. Re: Gulf airlines

" I miss my plane in Paris and look for the representative of Gulf Air for help."

___

What was the reason for you to miss your flight?

Reply to: Gulf airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted