We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Refunds.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 135
Air Asia Refunds.

Could anyone tell me if they have received refunds after taking that option on the canceled London flights? I requested a refund on the first day of the announcement and have only received advertising from them.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Lots of information on the currently running AAX thread

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5175536…

Perth, Australia
2. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Thanks, but that thread is for the people who took the option to be placed on another airline.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 85
3. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

U need to email aax_refundenquiry@airasia.com to request your refund. I only received an email from Air Asia yesterday with alternate flight option or procedure for refund. This is the email address they gave me. I sent request & received reply - "Please note that your request will be processed and we’ll revert with an update soonest possible".

Perth, Australia
4. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

I did that twice already over the past nine weeks and have still received nothing. I have now put it into dispute with the credit card company and lodged a complaint with the A.C.C.C.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 85
5. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

TerryEmu....that's terrible (no refund after 2requests)....I wonder I'd Air Asia are doing refunds in order of flight departures?? Wouldn't think so, but I had emailed a previous request with no results....only seeming to get action once I received my individual email from them.....2months prior to travel date.

When were u due to travel?

Hope your bank is helpful....have heard mixed results going down that ave....must depend on bank.

Perth, Australia
6. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Sandy

We were due to leave end of May, I have now had to book with SQ as we have flights out of London to Ireland the next day. I have had a flight to Bali from Perth with Air Asia canx in the past and received the refund straight away.

Perth, Australia
7. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Terry

I'm also in perth scheduled to go to london business class 22nd march when I did not hear confirmation of any re-schedule a 4 weeks ago bit the bullet and re booked with another air line but not before getting confirmation of refund of $6000.00 but to date after 4 e-mails asking for refund not even had a reply except original mail stating in between 14-30 days that date has long gone we no cash (credit card costing me $110 per month) would be interested how and what info you have re ACCC

Edited: 7:33 am, March 06, 2012
Perth, Australia
8. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Oscar

I rang them yesterday and they said that they had no record of me asking for a refund. They are telling outright lies as they had given me a case number in January when I first requested the refund. I have been refunded the money that I paid to optiontown for the business class upgrades. Air Asia stated yesterday that I should have got the refund after 14 days. I requested that they send me a email stating that they are paying me the refund, which they did. The ACCC has not got back to me yet, I completed the on line complaint form last week. I have a dispute lodged with Westpac my credit card provider but have not heard back from them either.

Malacca
reviews: 7
9. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

As of today 6th March I have been e mailing Air Asia and calling them to absolutely no avail.I cannot find out a single thing.Has anyone else had any joy from these people.I am considering getting the press involved to try to get some information.

Malacca
reviews: 7
10. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Hi Sandytravels,

You seem to have done better than most people.I am actually living in Malaysia.And absolutely no one can find out what is happening.All e mails remain unanswered and phone numbers are either out of use or a call centre.Who either have no info or have been briefed to say nothing.

Paul.