We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priority Pass Benefits

Cobourg
reviews: 4
Priority Pass Benefits

I recently used a Priority Pass Membership card I received from my credit card company in Genoa, Italy at a Airport Lounge. The Lounge was nothing more than a few couches, a water dispenser and a few magazines, the computers didn't work and there was no Internet Access in the lounge. I was charged $54 for my wife and I to have a glass of water and sit on a couch for an hour waiting for our flight. I realize this is not the standard in Lounge's that Priority Pass offers however I felt somewhat ripped off, I called Priority Pass to complain about this and they simply blew me off by saying we have no say in what the lounges offer or don't offer, we simply list them. so I suggest you do a little research before hand to find out what you are actually getting since Priority Pass obviously sets no standards for their product offering.

97 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

If you're used to airline's own lounges then the Priority Pass are largely rubbish. There are some good ones out there. British Airways have recently opened up a couple of their outstation lounges to Priority Pass for limited hours and across their network they offer some of the best lounges out there. You just have to read the Priority Pass site/app/booklet to see what is offered. Obviously though you can have great and terrible lounges offering largely the same benefits so it isn't ideal...

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
reviews: 85
2. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

Yes, some of the P.P lounges aren't special so many can use them now with credit cards. Many aren't worth walking into

kentucky
reviews: 38
3. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

I pay $$ for platinum Amex card to get privs in major carriers' lounges and Priority Pass in included for 3 yrs. I don't pay per person so mine is different than your $27 each visit. I've been fortunate to have very nice self-serve lounges so far.

I would certainly ask at the entry to see the facilities before paying that kind of money for one hour.

The only problem I've had was WIFI was controlled by BCN airport concession; it wasn't free, which I believe should be. They did have a very nice cava on the self-serve bar...and yummy mini donuts. Breakfast of champions!

I hope I will not encounter any mediocre lounges like that. Ask on arrival. Best of luck on the next one.

Edited: 3:13 pm, February 27, 2012
4. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, February 27, 2012
Edited: 3:35 pm, February 27, 2012

London
reviews: 10
5. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

Taking guests on your PP isn't value for money.

You're much better off finding a nice cafe/bar/restaurant in the airport and spending the money there instead.

It's great if you get it gratis, but not something I would personally pay for.

The lounges are hit and miss. I find the tourist airports rather poor, however the busy/business centre airports fair far better. Occasionally the PP lounges are better then the airlines own.

I'm currently benefiting hugely with my PP at the moment using Dusseldorf airport as it gives me access to the BA lounge.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
6. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

I have PP card (included) due to my AMEX. Some lounges are better than others. In HKG, Plaza Premium lounges are quite nice. In LAX, the Relax lounge at Tom Bradley is more basic but it's very quiet. I have also been able to use Air Canada's arrival lounge at LHR which was pretty good with shower and breakfast (though not as good as BA's).

Whether the value is worth it depends on how often and where you travel. Go to PP's website to see a list of lounges that you might frequently use.

Chicago, Illinois
7. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

I have access to the PriorityPass lounges through my Amex card. I was never told, nor given written information that there was a limit of 10 visits per year for my card. Needless to say, this caused a problem upon my visits over this limit. I called Amex first and there was no one there that could even discuss the PriorityPass program, let alone try to resolve an issue. That forced me to deal directly with PriorityPass, which was one of the most mind-numbing experiences of my life and was seemingly concluded after 4 weeks with an email saying the that I would hear back from the CEO and it would be resolved. As you can imagine, it was not very pleasing to see all the charges pop right back onto my account a couple months later with no explanation or warning.

Morals to the story:

*PriorityPass has the worst CSRs on the planet and no integrated systems for them to have any idea what each of them is talking to customers about. These folks are close to brain dead and you feel like gouging out your eyes after emails or phone calls.

*PriorityPass lounges are getting shut down by the month. Eg, United/Continental booted them late 2011. Every time I am in the airport, I see another lounge with a sign telling entrants that "as of X date" all PriorityPass financial services clients with be excluded from entry. I am sure it is related that they recently issued new levels of PP Select and LoungePass so that the financial clients are easily pegged.

*PriorityPass lounges domestic US are generally junk. The International ones I have been in have been very nice, as benchmarked to the US counters.

*As described by a previous poster on TA, he spent $54 for he and a guest and got a glass of water and no working Internet. This is a problem for a service that is charging pretty good money for simply walking through the doors of essentially a private gate. You will get wildly different experiences and ROI depending on lounge you go to, even inside the same airport! As I said, there are some pretty good ones and there are all the others.

I actually believe this is a pretty good business idea. However, something is fundamentally wrong with the model or company. Awful service that is only memorable in its sheer incompetence, inconsistent quality of service for a high cost, and reducing value to the market are not signs of growth or stability.

Note to Amex when Google finds this...I did not cancel my free account so I still have my CC. However, I switched to a Fidelity card for cash back to me and you lost $75,000 in annual transactions. This benefit was one of the only reasons I got the card and you completely failed at supporting it properly.

kentucky
8. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

Obviously Bombavern didn't get the Platinum card which offers unlimited visits for 3 years at all PP lounges for the cardholder. That card offers access to AA, DL and US lounges, and due to current merger, UA/CO are effected. I suggest you read all the terms to find out your actual entitlement, not your expectations

I don;t think anyone here is from Amex. Hope you're happy with the next card.

I've had nothing but exceptional CS from PP via phone and email--very prompt and efficient. I wonder who was the problem.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 116
9. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

Even if you purchase an annual priority pass there are different levels of service with the second lowest plan only allowing you 10 free visits (the lowest level you pay an annual fee and still have to pay to gain access). I suppose it is all down to reading the T&C's on your AMEX card and not just assuming you have unlimited access.

kentucky
10. Re: Priority Pass Benefits

So true about diff levels for PP--but the Plat Amex gives you 3 yr unlimited use with PP. That's just one of the perks for that card. I would not spend a large amount for an annual fee unless it suited my needs and then some...

I agree, sunmagic, that one has to read the t/c's.

Reply to: Priority Pass Benefits
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted