We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

Wales
reviews: 93
Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

I am planning a trip to Brisbane in June. I have been using the Kayak site to compare flights & a company called Budgetair.co.uk keeps coming up as the cheapest (eg: £780 with Singapore Airlines compared to £850 the next cheapest & almost £1,400 with the airline directly).

Previously I have used Opodo (who were fine) but never Budgetair - I haven't even heard of them before.

Has anyone used them & had satisfactory / poor service?

262 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

Not an answer to your question but have you actually tried a dummy booking with Budgetair to see if Kayak lists the correct price?

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 100
2. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

This company is part of Travix and is based in the Netherlands.

http://www.travix-international.com/

They manage many other "budget" websites including Vayama, Cheap Tickets, etc.

I found one site with reviews, none of which were very good:

www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/budgetair.co.uk

If you book, please read through the very lengthy terms and conditions carefully before you book. I would probably pass, as the savings would would not be worth it to me.

Edited: 10:47 am, February 07, 2012
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 100
3. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

Also found this thread discussing them:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5124821…

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

Having read recent reviews about budgetair.co.uk I was a little skeptical about booking with them, however having booked flights with Vayama last year (sister company of budgetair.co.uk) I decided to give them a go - and am so glad I did. I got incredibly cheap return flights from Scotland to Finland (£155), no problems or issues and contrary to some reviews I only got charged once for the flights. I think it is generally accepted that people tend to post more review when things go wrong hence decided to post a positive review about this company. Have to say I would definately book with them again.

Manchester, United...
5. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

Booked flights to Bangkok very late at night. Know I shouldn't have, being tired and all that, but hey ho!!! Then (yeah, after I had paid!) read reviews which have been discussed. Worried all night! Money gone, no holiday etc. etc. Got up early, opened EMails. Wow, as stated on the site, my ETickets had come through very quickly. Horrible thought - are they real? Rang the airline direct quoting the reference numbers, and a very nice lady confirmed we were on the flights. In fact, she reserved our seats there and then for all sectors. Very happy, and the price was right, so 90% of the way there without any problems at all. Oh, and I also checked my account and only the right amount of spondoolies had been debited.

Toronto
6. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

I decided to look for reviews about Budgetair because I just purchased a good priced ticket from Toronto to Medellin. Turns out they have made a small reschedule and asked me for my birth date, which I know is mandatory for airline purposes, but I previously entered that information at the traveler's info at Budgetair.ca. I also noticed that the emails were coming from @vayama.com. So I first researched vayama then called budgetair, and they said it was basically the same company. So far they have sent me four emails as follows:

Fist email: is about a booking change because there was a connection that didn't meet a 2 hour minimum connection time requirement. So they asked me to confirm a new booking they made for me, meaning I would have to get a 3 hour earlier flight to make that connection."No problem" I replied.

Second email: as follows..."Thank you for your respond. We will process the issuance of your ticket, and you will receive a confirmation (with ticket number) shortly."

Third email: as follows..."We need to input passenger's date of birth for the airline's system. Can you kindly advice us your date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY)?" So I sent the information.

Fourth email: "Thank you for your information we will update it in the system."

Now I'm a little nervous after reading all these negative feedback. But like SAM3376 said, people DO tend to post mostly negative experiences. Let's see what happens.

I'll keep you posted.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 158
7. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

"I decided to look for reviews about Budgetair because I just purchased a good priced ticket from Toronto to Medellin. "

________

Just a thought. But shouldn't you have done this the other way around? Look at reviews before booking?

Toronto
8. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

That's true SUNMAGIC, it was a bad move on my part. But anyway,I received my BudgetAir Ticket Confirmation/Receipt‏, I called the airlines to check on my trip and that I was actually listed, and they confirmed everything. Looks like it's legit.

If I have any issues I'll be posting them.

On the other hand, just out of curiosity, I searched for Expedia reviews, and to my surprise I found a lot of negative ones. I've bought tickets through Expedia in more than 20 occasions, and I've never had an issue with them. So this kind of confirms the idea that people mostly post negative experiences. But still, always do your research first.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
9. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

Two reasons to be wary.

1) Customer service uses a premium rate phone number charged at £0.25 per minute.

2) From the T&C's - http://www.budgetair.co.uk/conditions

"One-way Combineables: In certain cases, in order to provide greater choice and special return fares, the Travel Agent will combine two one-way fares on the same or different airlines. Each one-way ticket is subject to its own rules, restrictions and fees. If one of these flights is affected by an airline change (e.g. cancellation or schedule change) that causes a Customer to make changes to the other flight, the Customer will be responsible for any fees incurred for making changes to the unaffected flight."

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk

Budgetair.co.uk

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I have just tired to book with Budgetair.co.uk. They took my money and did not complete the transaction. There was a phone number (at a cost of £.25 per minute. I tried it twice and could not get through. I Have emailed and got not response BUT I have contacted my bank and the money has been taken.

Reply to: Please tell me your experience of Budgetair.co.uk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted