We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lowbusinessfares.com

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 20
lowbusinessfares.com

Have been looking at business airfares from Sydney to London, and have been advised that lowbusiness.com can offer fares at 1/2 the normal prices, has anyone any feedback positive or negative on this company, their website client referrals are glowing!!!

47 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

They buy frequent flyer miles and then book customers using those miles. That's against every airlines' FF mile terms and conditions.

In short, if the airline finds out, they'll cancel your ticket and you may find yourself high and dry.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5121086…

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 36
2. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

Of course their website client referrals are glowing. They're not exactly going to post the horror stories, which I would guess are plentiful. I'd be surprised if any of the testimonials they show are even from real people.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

Buying from a third party for a business trip? That is crazy.

Buying from a points mill? A crazy and exceedingly dumb choice (rephrased several times in order to meet posting policy).

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
4. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

OP - read through the thread link given to you in the second post and then avoid this company.

You just are not going to be able to purchase business fares at 1/2 the regular price.

Edited: 10:49 am, February 06, 2012
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 20
5. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

Thanks for all your responses, i'd love to hear from someone who has actually booked and then what happened.? I know several people in Australia who have booked and paid for flights in May, one has called the airline and confirmed the seats are those allocated by the company. The strong Australian dollar has enticed Aussies, why hasn't this company been exposed if people have already been ripped off, I can fund nothing on the internet to support this. PS I am not booking at this point just curious

6. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, September 19, 2012

UK
reviews: 85
7. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

why hasn't this company been exposed if people have already been ripped off,

========

... because what they are doing is not illegal, its just against the airlines terms and conditions, which strictly prohibit the selling of airmiles. (and the airline WILL have people investigating this, you just want to hope they dont catch you.)

You may indeed get a business class fare for the price quoted. I have no doubt at all that others have. However, you are at risk of the airline discovering what has happened and cancelling your flights.

If this happens, you'll be out of pocket bigtime because the airline may even insist that you actually pay for the legs already flown let alone the return. I'd also strongly suspect that the form this company makes you sign has some small print* in there regards what happens in that eventuality (ever seen a business where you have to fill in a one page form to use your credit card with them???)

So, end of the day, this is a risk you take. I wouldn't take it with what might be $5,000 of my money, YMMV.

Just don't come back whining if the risk doesn't work out for you.

* yep, here we go "I shall under no condition revoke or reject or challenge the amount debited." ... "no condition" would include, of course, something such as, your flight gets cancelled ! They also have the interesting "catch all" under rules and regulations "Other conditions may apply." LOL.

Waipu, New Zealand
8. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

Has anyone out there actually purchased tickets from lowbusinessfares.com? What has your experience been? I would appreciate your reply asap.

Joel

9. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, April 14, 2012

Madrid
reviews: 7
10. Re: lowbusinessfares.com

Either nobody has,or it has gone wrong for somebody and they are too upset to elaborate.

Reply to: lowbusinessfares.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted