We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

Barnsley, United...
Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

Hi,

Does anyone have an Idea what month the December 2012 flights to the canaries are released by Easyjet & Ryanair?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

They both used to be around April though apparently EJ have now switched to a rolling release date. Whatever that means exactly or how it will affect the route release dates remains to be seen.

Floral Park, New...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

I recently booked a Ryan Air flight on their web page using my US Credit Card. The card, Visa doesn't impose the 3% fee for a foreign transaction but somehow Ryan was able to set the exchange at $1.36 to Euro, when the prevailing rate for exchange, buy vs sell was $1.27, which meant the nominal exchange should have been $1.31 at the most. The charge included the expected Credit Card fee Ryan and other budget Airlines charge. I thought that the Credit Card company set the exchange rate not the Seller.

If Ryan was able to set the dollar value then the price before the transaction was completed, should have been stated in Dollars not Euros.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
3. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

AFAIK the exchange rate is set by the credit cards bank. I don't see how an airline can have any say in it, as you pay what's stated on the screen in that currency. It's down to the bank to convert it after that.

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

If you pay with a card issued in a currency different from the currency you are paying, Ryanair offers to convert the payment for you. As DeltaScot notes, however, the exchange rate is greatly skewed in Ryanair's favor so it's best not to take them up on the offer (you can chose not to convert the payment with them). Amazon has a similar system, though the exchange rate isn't quite as bad.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 268
5. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

What has this to do with winter schedules?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

That's about the norm in this forum. When new posters spot a topic that slightly resemble the question they want ask they just post in that thread.

It is impolite to the members who have participated in a thread to change its topic, as it makes the replies for the original topic hard to follow.

Radcliffe, United...
reviews: 90
7. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

ryanair are talking about cutting some routes to the canaries .so could be a issue if your looking to book with ryanair

tumbit.com/news/articles/4697-ryanair-may-co…

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
8. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

I did read that there was thoughts on downgrading Arrecife from a base station to an outstation, after the summer season.

Liverpool
reviews: 27
9. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

Last year Easy Jet winter flights came on sale on 15th March, which was earlier than previous years

Edinburgh, United...
10. Re: Easyjet & Ryanair Winter 2012/2013 flight release date

As noted in my first post, Easyjet have changed the way they release schedules so what happened last year is unlikely to matter this year. Basically they've moved away from seasonal schedules and will now be releasing flights in smaller blocks and more regularly.

Get answers to your questions