We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski boots as carry on luggage

High Wycombe...
reviews: 9
ski boots as carry on luggage

easyjet are saying that we cannot take our ski boots as hand luggage even though the bags fit the dimensions of hand luggage. this is from their customer service people, although there is absolutely nothing listed on their website saying we cannot take ski boots as hand luggage. we are travelling on saturday, can anyone give advice on this please..... thanks

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
1. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

If they fit the dimensions of hand luggage, put them in a bag and nobody will be any the wiser.

:-)

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
2. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4039/~/sports-equipment

The only reference to ski boots I can find is that by calling them 'sports equipment' you can take them in addition to your other luggage allowance - at a cost of course

Edinburgh, United...
3. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

I think you've either been misinformed or there is some sort of misunderstanding. If ski boots will fit in your hand-luggage I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to carry them on board. Have you tried asking here?

http://getsatisfaction.com/easyjet/topics

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
4. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

Of course Easyjet might argue that you can hit people over the head with them...

High Wycombe...
5. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

Thanks for the response - I guess the only risk is that we end up having to pay 40.00 each way for them (this is how much customer services have told us it will cost) if they put up an argument when we check in at Luton. We can apparently add one bag to our ski's - which is great, although again we didn't find this out until we called them and asked about the boots - but we've got two other boot bags. Suppose as there are 4 of us going we could take a boot each as handluggage :)

Llandudno North...
6. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

You could hit somebody over the head with your fists they don't say you can't carry them on with you though! :-)

If you put them in a bag the correct size they will never know as only security check your bags not the airline.

:-)

High Wycombe...
7. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

We've called easyjet 3 times now and got a different answer each time - the last person 'vanessa' even sent us an email confirming that we couldn't take them as hand luggage. talk about the right boot not knowing what the left one is doing ...........

Edinburgh, United...
8. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

As on the Get Satisfaction forum. The employees answering there are generally competent and know what they're talking about. Doing a bit of Googling, it does indeed seem that EJ prohibits ski boots in hand luggage (for whatever reason) though if you get them through security I don't know how they would ever find out and I've found plenty of people that claim to do it all the time.

Edited: 7:18 am, January 25, 2012
Edinburgh, United...
9. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

Here's someone asking that question recently on that forum:

getsatisfaction.com/easyjet/topics/hand_lugg…

Unfortunately it contradicts what someone else was told there a year earlier so it does indeed seem there's quite a bit of confusion about the topic :)

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
10. Re: ski boots as carry on luggage

Hi

We have taken ski boots in hand luggage with Easyjet for years. I cannot count the times, as long as the luggage fits the dimensions then there is no problem. Ours were always stuffed with socks and thermals and anything else we could get inside them to maximise their use.

Don't worry.

Jackie