We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France Premium Economy

Livingston, United...
reviews: 80
Air France Premium Economy

I was thinking about booking premium econ from Edinburgh via CDG to Bangkok due to the extended leg room and fixed shell seat.-no one crowding my space so to speak. Anyone think it's a good idea or a waste of money.

Thanks

30 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Air France Premium Economy

Depends how you value the benefits. For some people spending a penny more than necessary is a waste of money.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: Air France Premium Economy

AF's premium economy is one of the better ones, and it usually isn't all that much more expensive.

Pembroke Pines...
Destination Expert
for Doral
reviews: 350
3. Re: Air France Premium Economy

All the way to BKK, I say - go for it!

Arcadia, California
reviews: 20
4. Re: Air France Premium Economy

Here are 2 links to previous discussions that you may find helpful. I flew LAX-CDG r/t last year, and to me it was money well spent; others thought it was not worth it, and I think it comes down to how much you value the extra space and the business class amenities (other than the meals, which are regular economy). The priority boarding, priority luggage and extra luggage allowance IMO justifies the higher fare.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12084-k4385109…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4516488…

Livingston, United...
reviews: 80
5. Re: Air France Premium Economy

Thanks for all your comments and feedback. I think I'll be booking it now.

Cheers

London, United...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Air France Premium Economy

I would say flying on AF P. Eco for long haul travels like BKK I one of the best decisions you could make. There's no denying that it cost a little bit more than standard economy cabin but the amenities and benefits you get would be truly beneficial for you. P. Eco passengers can use the premium checkin lanes and when boarding. You will also have access to the lounge at cdg which is excellent when you want to relax before thanking your long haul connection. The way AF designed the cabin was really focussed towards the customer with luxury kits, excellent onboard products like wool blankets and feather pillows for that extra comfy sleep.

fl
reviews: 70
7. Re: Air France Premium Economy

Flew Mia to CDG last September Premium Economy and am planning the same trip this year but looking very hard at other carriers. The seats are a bit narrow and the entertainment is poor but the the thing that is just awful is the service and the food. I orderd a fish dish on the out bound leg and when I pealed the foil off the dish I thought I had ordered spoiled bait, a terrible smell, not edible. Getting service in the cabin is an event, you can press the call button all you like but it won't phase this lazy crew.This is really coach with a somewhat larger seat, the food is the same and so is the crew that services coach, don't get all excited about great service and food. If you can find another carrier do it but sometimes your destination does not allow that luxury.

Wayne
reviews: 23
8. Re: Air France Premium Economy

Just returned and very pleased with Air France Premium Economy JFK-CDG. I am used to Bus Class with flat bed seats for overnight trips and I'm fussy, but Prem Ec is great for daytime - left on the earliest flight (4:30) so we wouldn't feel that we needed to sleep before arriving in Paris, and returned during the day. Benefits: use of the Air France lounges (free if you're Delta Gold, or you can buy a day pass), and the new one at DeGaulle is wonderful, amenities kit, fairly substantial pillow & blanket, crew was very attentive which surprised me, champagne and wine with a decent dinner, a snack later, shell seats so we aren't in each other's faces and little shelves for bottled water and stowing small things, quiet and curtained off from crowded economy. Narrow seats but I noticed even the bus class seats are on the narrow side - but my 6'2" husband was happy. No use comparing to business or first - best to compare with the cattle car in economy. Didn't use earphones so can't comment on that.

San Francisco...
reviews: 28
9. Re: Air France Premium Economy

" You will also have access to the lounge at cdg which is excellent when you want to relax before thanking your long haul connection. "

Not so for us and we have tried. You have to be business-class to access the lounge, or you have to pay. Or maybe use points of some kind. But it does not come as a ticket perk. Still, the better cabin, priority in passport lines, and baggage allowance make it worthwhile for us. Also, with this ticket you have a better chance of upgrading to business class, which we have done a few times for a fee. And that is truly nice. -- Jake

Wayne
reviews: 23
10. Re: Air France Premium Economy

You are right and I could have phrased it differently - although I said "...use of the Air France lounges (free if you're Delta Gold, or you can buy a day pass)..." it would have been clearer to everyone if I'd said "You have a right to buy a day pass to the Air France lounges (free if you're Delta Gold)". Economy class can't buy a day pass, and I don't think a Gold card would get them in. Depending on the lounge I have seen two different prices: $35 and $50 per person. I was pleasantly surprised that my gold card worked, but for leisure travel we take advantage of opportunities to buy day passes for long layovers, and just think of them as part of the price of the ticket.

Reply to: Air France Premium Economy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted