We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelup

Manchester, United...
reviews: 4
Travelup

Hi, me and my partner went to Las Vegas in Decmber 2011 and booked with Travelup for a really good price. Once I read all the reviews I started to worry.

However, the trip was a success and there were no issues WHATSOEVER! The flights were perfect (4 seats to ourselves on each flight!) And there were no extra charges.

The company don't contact you to reassure you of your booking as much as you'd maybe like. And the company call centre don't seem very helpful. But other than that, great price and amazing holiday!!!

100 replies to this topic
Hornchurch, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Travelup

we had a flight booked since dec 2011. got cancelled june 2012.

travel up awful with giving info.

they never return your calls.

they never reply to emails.

they hav had my money for 6 months !!!!

they now expect me to be happy with an 18 hour gap between flights !!

KEEP AWAY !!

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
2. Re: Travelup

I wonder if Julie still works there?

London, United...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Travelup

I had the same thought about Julie. I work for a competitor and often have customers coming to me with prices quoted by TravelUp that are sometimes hundreds of pounds below the net cost. I've also had customers tell similar stories to Chablis where their flight has been cancelled or they have been told to pay more.

Edited: 5:48 am, October 31, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Travelup

Am in the same position. I would advise anyone who has paid this company for flights, only to be told that they have been cancelled to:

a/ check direct with the airline whether this is infact the case. (it's probably not)

b/ Contact your credit card company and tell them you are going to make them jointly and severally liable for any losses you incur under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

c/ Threaten legal action for 'loss of bargain'

Basically, the law states that where a company fails to fulfill their side of the contract, ie supplying flights at the cost stated, then they can be sued for the cost of re-booking elsewhere at a higher price. This is because the law says that the injured party needs to be put into a position they would have been had the origianl contract been fulfilled.

eg Travelup quote £500 you pay them.

They fail to supply tickets.

You go elsewhere and find flights are £750.

You buy these tickets.

Liability to Travel up is your original £500 AND £250, being the additional cost incurred in re-booking elsewhere.

Keep all receipts, all records of emails and phone calls made!

5. Re: Travelup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, November 29, 2012

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
6. Re: Travelup

"TravelUp are not ABTA regulated, they are con-artists, cheap for a reason and rude and incompetent, I cannot say enough bad things here to ensure that nobody ever makes the same mistakes I have made with them!"

I assume you booked with them because they were cheap and thought you were saving a few £s when a bit of research beforehand would have told you that that the best advice is to book direct with the relevant airline even if it seems you pay a little extra.

A lot of 3rd party sites are quick to sell you a ticket but as you've discovered offer little in terms of after sales service.

London, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Travelup

Shocking customer service!

Booked in May, airline cancelled flight in June, informing Travelup. Travelup did not let anyone who had booked with them know. We had a few groups on same flight.

We had contacted 5 times for various reasons- it was almost impossible to talk to anyone and no-one mentioned cancelled flight.

Discover on our own a week before our flight in October that it was cancelled. Near impossible to get anyone at travelup on the phone to get it sorted!!! We had to get there on a certain date as we were getting married.

DON'T EVER BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!

London, United...
reviews: 27
8. Re: Travelup

I booked flights in July from Dublin to Tampa return for Christmas and New Year. Very good price and outbound via Atlanta no problem but beware if returning back from anywhere via New York. I had assumed that we would be booked to and from the same airport - Travel Up had booked us to fly into Le Guardia from Tampa and back to Dublin from JFK! Quite a shock when told at Tampa check in - luckily had a brilliant check in person who re-booked us FOC direct to JFK but it was a one off due to other flights having been cancelled so we were very lucky. She said this often happens with 'these cheap flights'....Travel Up had not highlighted this in the booking and I know I should have checked before...so buyer beware. Some good deals to be had but just be sure you have what you think you have.

London, United...
9. Re: Travelup

I had a booking thru their site and they did not advise me I needed a transit visa due to which I had a made a new booking at the last time incurring a loss of £ 300. And when I contacted them on the flight date, they just hangup the phone leaving me stranded on the airport . Also they havent replied to email till now ..

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
10. Re: Travelup

Bhushan206

"I had a booking thru their site and they did not advise me I needed a transit visa"

Responsibility for the proper documents for travel including visas rests with the passenger - it's unreasonable to expect travel agents to know all the documentation requirements for the multitude of situations covering countries/nationality of travellers etc.

Reply to: Travelup
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions