We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA to Florence?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
BA to Florence?

Does BA no longer fly to Florence? They say they do on their website but I can't seem to find any flights.

11 replies to this topic
Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
1. Re: BA to Florence?

To my knowledge they have not flown to Florence for many years....instead they have a code share with Meridiana from Gatwick.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 123
2. Re: BA to Florence?

Precisely... this I discovered in 2010.

Manchester
reviews: 31
3. Re: BA to Florence?

I believe they still fly to Pisa which is 30minutes away by train. Pisa was always the main airport for Florence.

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
4. Re: BA to Florence?

Yes, they do, once a day I think from Heathrow.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
5. Re: BA to Florence?

Yeah, I know about the Pisa option. According to their website they fly to FLR but I guess it's just outdated information.

London, United...
6. Re: BA to Florence?

Unfortunately Meridiana which is part of BA have stopped the London Gatwick to Florence just at the beginning of January. I really hope they will start again maybe in the high season. Regarding Pisa is not 30 mins but 1:15 minutes average by train to Florence central. However if you really don't want to fly to Pisa there is still the cityjet aka airfrance option from London city

Bracknell, United...
reviews: 11
7. Re: BA to Florence?

I always fly into Pisa and then get the Terravision coach into Florence... much better than faffing about with trains!

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 81
8. Re: BA to Florence?

Yes B.A do fly to Pisa from Heathrow in winter and summer from Gatwick or did in the summer myself all going well fly with them late March to Pisa and back via Heathrow .Meridana as far as i know are not part of B.A

Madrid
reviews: 7
9. Re: BA to Florence?

Florence is a nasty short runway with a mountain at 1 end.Not sure if BA currently has anything with the performance to use Florence.Maybe the A318,but they are busy going to JFK.

London
reviews: 22
10. Re: BA to Florence?

Meridiana (who ran the service as code share with BA) no longer operate the route. For info, they had no difficulty getting an Airbus319 off that runway.

Cityjet still offer a direct service from London to Florence, flights from City (LCY).

Reply to: BA to Florence?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted