We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eva Airline???

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Eva Airline???

Has anyone flown with Eva-air and are they any good? is the food and drink free? do they have seat back tv's, any info would be great.

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
970 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Eva Airline???

woolie30,

I have flown with Eva air last month and it was my first time.

In my view, the flight to Bangkok was comfortable and on time.

The return journey was equally so.

The food choice was passable but, in my view, not their best feature.

The service was very efficient.

The toilets and plane were clean.

They do have small tv monitors on the back of their seats.

A full choice of recently released movies was available.

They provided only soft drinks (water, apple and orange juice) on a free basis

I would be happy to fly with them again.

I hope this helps.

Giorgio Federico

Edited: 5:47 pm, January 01, 2012
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
180 reviews
2. Re: Eva Airline???

I've flown with them many times. Yes they are a good airline and unlike Thai, do have seat back tvs and games. Their food is pretty much the same as all airline food, no better, no worse. I would fly with them again because they fly direct not via the arab states and they offer good value for money.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
3. Re: Eva Airline???

Hi we used them, soft drinks are free, my husband says the food was OK, I do not eat, plus we left UK at 10pm and all I wanted to do was sleep, they were better than some of the no frills airlines in UK, I would use them again

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
109 reviews
4. Re: Eva Airline???

They are ok and well known airline in Taiwan. I do not like their online services and their membership program. They always try to make you work when their system messes up information. "To be able to credit your points, please send us the boarding cards as the spelling of your first name does not match with our records...."

Food and entertainment program may vary depending on the route.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
17,588 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Eva Airline???

I use them to / from Taipei a lot and find them very good.

Mansfield
Level Contributor
476 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Eva Airline???

Inflight entertainment is OK, only downside is the food. Been told that the veggie food option is a tastier bet though haven't tried it. For a direct flight they would be my preferred option, that is until Thai put their aged 747s out to rest.

boston england
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Eva Airline???

we always fly eva,great seat back entertainment,nice clean comfy plane,good service,all drinks are free but you have to ask for the alchohol they dont seem to serve it freely like they do on thai airways,the only down side is the food not great but edible.

uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Eva Airline???

Hi Have used Eva only once but very good service (in PL) AVOD is ok but as the flight from LHR-BKK departs at 21.20 you will probley sleep for some of it. Prices in all classes are very good when compaired to others.

some mention Thai and no seat back TV, well no longer. As of Dec 2011 there 747 have AVOD in all classes and during Jan to march it is replaced with A340-600 again with AVOD in all classes. Enjoy Eva.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Eva Airline???

Hi, sorry for digging up an old thread. I just recently flown this airline from Hong Kong to Taipei and was really impressed with their generous legroom on both legs of the journey: the outbound flight was a 747 and return was an A330.

Does anyone know if their Europe to Bangkok flights are equally generous because I'd definitely consider them the next time I fly to SE Asia it turns out to be the case...

Level Contributor
6 posts
84 reviews
10. Re: Eva Airline???

We flew Eva Air to Bangkok & back to London earlier this year, and were very pleased. We flew economy, and seats were pretty comfortable, service very friendly, and food good (we had pre-ordered vegetarian, so can't speak for the 'standard' meal). Free wine was available with the meal, and a free refill, so not sure about the response which said only soft drinks were available free? When we searched, this seemed the cheapest option for a non-stop flight from London to Bangkok. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Reasonably good selection of films to watch - all of the English language ones understandably come with Chinese subtitles.