We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar airways??

Qatar airways??

Hey guys,

Looking at booking some flights to Europe with Qatar airways. Never travelled with them before. Any feedback? I'll be traveling standard economy class, main concern is the very long flight from Mel to Doha.

Cheers guys!

131 replies to this topic
reviews: 3
1. Re: Qatar airways??

Hi I've just booked Qatar Manchester - Melbourne after reading very good passenger reviews on skytrax. They are a 5 star rated airline so should be ok, hope this helps.

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Qatar airways??

With regards to your concern about the long flight from Melbourne to Doha, you have to remember that flying to Europe from Australia, there will always be one long flight.

If you choose to go via Asia, then you will have the shorter flight first followed by the longer flight.

Qatar Airways are a 5 star airline with very good reviews.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Qatar airways??

Qatar Airways is my preferred airline, but the 5 star applies in front of the curtain only. Economy class is maximum a good 4 star.

Dublin
reviews: 6
4. Re: Qatar airways??

I have to agree that the 5* treatment is exclusively in front of the curtain, I recently flew BKK-DOA-MAN with Qatar and was not at all impressed, and wondered how they gained the title "The worlds favourite airline" ?? I have had better service on low cost carriers !!

Reading
reviews: 12
5. Re: Qatar airways??

The one time I have flown with them (Heathrow-Male and return, economy), the flights were excellent BUT connecting at Doha with no piers is a bit primitive.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 130
6. Re: Qatar airways??

They're OK. People bag Emirates but I think EK are better than QR. Transiting in Doha is the pits (until their new airport is completed), and I don't like how they use narrowbody A320s for Europe flights when other carriers use more comfy widebodies. Still, if they're cheaper than the rest, go with them.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 117
7. Re: Qatar airways??

Agree with hans, but economy is economy whichever way you look at it, and it going to be a long journey no matter what.

Doha is a awful airport though but if your transit is short its fine. Economy Qatar wins over Emirates (more seats crammed in economy with EK) but bimdonesia has a point regarding planes and most certainly Qatar offers a far better product than Emirates in business and I have switched airlines to Qatar as my preferred carrier from Emirates.

Also look at Etihad if they fly, not used economy myself but friends/colleagues who now use them regularly think they are very good.

London
reviews: 21
8. Re: Qatar airways??

Like many 5 star and highly rated airlines, a lot of passengers have misconception it will be 5 star in economy as well. Qatar is as good as any but dont expect much difference in economy to many other airlines.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 981
9. Re: Qatar airways??

They are a good airline, modern fleet of planes. Personally, service is a tad below Emirates.

Transiting at Doha could be better especially if many planes land at the same time and you have a tight connection.

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
10. Re: Qatar airways??

I have flown on Qatar Airways many times and my experiences have always been positive.

As PrestonTravel.. points out, the transiting at Doha could be a lot better. Much of which is done by bus ferrying you from the aircraft to the main terminal and out again on another bus. Hopefully, this situation will improve soon with the opening of a new terminal.

Reply to: Qatar airways??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted