We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel up, travel company

Ireland
reviews: 3
travel up, travel company

Hi folks

Just wanting to check if any of you have had dealings with the 'Travel Up' company? Got them through skyscanner and want to see if they are reputable?? They seem to be much cheaper than other companies!!

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Declan

43 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: travel up, travel company

Read this forum in detail about prices from third parties. Also read carefully the fine print when they "quote" (otherwise known as pulling a price out of the air) a price. There is no guarantee that they have *any* tickets at that price. Buy direct. It isn't worth the risk.

London
reviews: 21
2. Re: travel up, travel company

Indeed this particular company was mentioned on the Indian forum so I compared my already booked flight price wih Emirates with identical flight on travelup. It was about £14 cheaper but with Emirates direct there was no credit card charges - so price almost identical. Also there was a thread some months ago about someone amending flight with Travelup and they imposed hefty amendment fee on top of airlines fee - so in conclusion agree with GeoMedic buy direct.

Bradford, United...
3. Re: travel up, travel company

Hi, I recently booked a flight with TravelUp (ATOL no. 7227) who then presented me with a link to the ESTA visa waiver website, or what I thought was the genuine link:

http://uk.cibt.com/

This is where I was charged £33 instead of the genuine link:

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

where the charges are $14.

When I questioned this with TravelUp they just brushed it off as an additional service.

As a reputable travel company I would have expected them to to provide a genuine link to the offical web. I only found out when the ESTA did not go through when I was checking in at the airport causing me a great deal of stress 2 hours before I was due to fly.

In the words of American Airlines I had been conned by TravelUp.

Kings Lynn, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: travel up, travel company

tRAVELUP Travel Company

The prices may be cheap , but the customer support is worse than poor Avoid.

David P

5. Re: travel up, travel company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, November 29, 2012

UK
reviews: 88
6. Re: travel up, travel company

Next time try paragraphs, it makes text so much more readable.

I gather you are unhappy with TravelUp.

Unsurprising in retrospect for you, and advance for me, when you consider that you

(a) apparently booked only on the basis of lowest price,

(b) did no research on the company before booking,

(c) expect non refundable non changeable tickets to have all the benefits of refundable changeable tickets with none of the downside, eg cost,

(d) didn't keep an eye on your flights yourself , and finally,

(e) had unrealistic expectations on what it means when you buy a ticket and accommodation seperately and one or both parts are non refundable - something many do but most would realise its a chance you take.

Indeed as I struggle through your slab of text it seems to me that essentially its all down to you, not TravelUp, and they are in this respect mostly blameless apart from having cr*p telephone service - but what do you expect when you choose the cheapest operator ?

Coventry, UK
reviews: 8
7. Re: travel up, travel company

Firstly Joe in the UK;

You appear to have so much time to sit on forums advising and criticising other people on their posts, whereas I have written here a brief statement of what my dealings with this company have been like.

I have done this here not to gain anything but with the intention of ensuring that no other unsuspecting traveller would ever have to endure what we have been through this week.

Whilst paying a cheaper cost for a flight, I did not expect for changes and cancellations to have never have been communicated to me, did I not pay for any kind of customer service when I made the purchase, if I had of known that I really was playing a game of Roulette whilst parting with £1400 I would have thought twice.

Finally, dont criticise my layout of text, you will find that there is no English lesson requested by any forum memebr on here.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
8. Re: travel up, travel company

Burgerbiter, It is advisable to participate in a forum before you critique responses. It is also advisable to read the posting rules.

Thirdly, it is very poor form to dig up old threads.

You are welcome to participate in the forum discussions, but you must remain civil and respectful. It is not up to you to even remotely judge how others spend their time. It has nothing... absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand and that comment was entirely out of line.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
9. Re: travel up, travel company

"I have done this here not to gain anything but with the intention of ensuring that no other unsuspecting traveller would ever have to endure what we have been through this week."

The problem is that many travellers (like yourself) are seduced by the apparent low price that your warning, like those for other 3rd party sites, will simply fall on deaf ears.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
10. Re: travel up, travel company

Burgerbiter, you cannot duplicate posts across several threads no matter how you feel about the service provider. All your posts get flagged for deletion.

Reply to: travel up, travel company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted