We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flightcentre.co.uk

London, United...
flightcentre.co.uk

They have stores on the British high street as well as offer deals on the phone.

Has anyone used them? Are they ok?!

36 replies to this topic
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 188
1. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

My aunt in London has used one of their High Street offices to book flights already as they had a cheaper BA fare than ba.com. Everything went fine.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 117
2. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

I have in the past used them. But found booking direct with the airlines worked out (on the whole) cheaper.

The last time I used them to book a domestic flight in Asia (around 5 years ago) I ended up having to book another ticket as the airline said they had my details but no payment from flightcentre, this is when I was trying to check in....odd one to get sorted, but did eventually get my original payment back. Not used them (and not needed to) since.

Of course they do have offers and the like so depends on what your after.

London
reviews: 24
3. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

Check the flight they are offering on the airlines website and see what the price difference is. If no or little difference much better to book with airline, then in event of any changes/amendments etc... you only have one party to deal with. Also some arlines do not impose credit card charges, another point to note.

London, United...
4. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

Ok thanks for your suggestions. I rang them and they said to me that I should book NOW, as flights to South Africa in August are only going to get more expensive. Seeing as the cheapest is Qatar £600 and I have seen many flights for less during Easter and Christmas when the weather is better, I think I will hold out a couple of months.

Also BA have announced 3 extra flights a week there and perhaps BA will repeat their January sale when tickets were £550 direct to Jo'burg?!

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 790
5. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

I last used then several years ago before I had home computing,never found them to be any cheaper than anything I have been able to get online.

Might be good fro finding a series of flights ,but for point to point flights direct booking with airlines tends to be best.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
6. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

ThanD

A BA sale should start around Christmas Eve.

Regards

Auckland Region...
reviews: 80
7. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

They are a global chain and service really depends on who you actually get to speak to.

I have never found then to be actually cheaper than what i can find myself. They also charge you extra if you pay be credit card. They do match any other offer though if u bring proof. They can also waive the cc charge , if you negotiate.

London, United...
8. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

Thanks guys - think I will wait! @Geneticsniper - is it common knowledge BA are having a sale around/post Christmas?!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
9. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

ThanD

Last three years they threw a WORLD SALE Christmas Eve that lasted until early January.

Regards

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
10. Re: flightcentre.co.uk

I usually book direct through the airline but last month booked flights through Escape Travel (which is also part of Flight Centre here in Oz) when they had a Europe Expo for 2012. We got Diamond First Class tickets (in their suites) with Etihad for $8,500 each, which was $7,000 each cheaper than Etihad's own website was quoting later that day. Am I pleased? Is the Pope Catholic? So, in the end, I'm very pleased to have dealt with an agency on this occasion :-)

Reply to: flightcentre.co.uk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted