We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson flights

yorks
reviews: 2
thomson flights

has thomson gone mad? any short haul flight up to 6 hours, means no meals and no inflight entertainment. what you get now is a menu with snacks which are inedible, chips are an experience that you won't forget in a long while, bacon baguette nearly had some bacon in it, you taste it but not see it. if you are going with thomson take your own food. i thought they couldn't get any worse than the meals they served but somebody at thomson has excelled themselves. as for entertainment you can now hire a handheld gadget for £7.50! nice one thomson. i can only asume that the next thing will be a charge for oxygen should the masks ever drop down. at the next directors meeting i suggest they all sample the total crap i was given and then send a reply once they have finished in the toilet, thanks thomson.

59 replies to this topic
Rochester, United...
reviews: 74
1. Re: thomson flights

I take it you've never flown with ryanair?

Suzie

UK
reviews: 84
2. Re: thomson flights

Ah a nice rant, no paragraphs as per usual.

:-)

Vote with your wallet and fly someone else next time - however many British holidaymakers vote the other way, going for the cheapest irrespective of leg room, quality, on time performance (up to 24hr plus delays on Tor Air seemingly a regular occurrence) etc etc.

So no, Thomsons haven't gone mad, they are catering (if you'll excuse the pun) to what the masses want, which is cheap at all costs. If Thomsons are £200 for a flight with excellent food, legroom, comfy seats, great on time performance, etc, the punters will flock to a shabby falling to bits delayed by a day, again, airline for £190. Or probably, even £199.99.

Edited: 8:06 am, November 28, 2011
London
reviews: 21
3. Re: thomson flights

All short haul charters are the same - if you want a meal then you have to pay for it.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 58
4. Re: thomson flights

Just got back from from a holiday using Thomson flights. On time [but no trumpet playing!] both ways, reasonably comfortable, pleasant staff and a pre-allocated seat. And information from the pilot that you could actually hear. There was a glitch with an email notification [it went in to spam] but that was sorted easily by Thomson pro-actively writing to us.

Would agree with the OP that the food wasn't up to much [yes, the chips were dire] so next time I'll take my own.

For me they got all the important bits right. I'll use them again when it makes sense but get the in flight food before-hand.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
5. Re: thomson flights

Take your own food. The majority of people actually don't watch the IFE. Yes they have headphones in, but their listening to ipods, using ipads psp's etc. Some people actually read and talk to each other. That's rather a novel concept these days!

If we can't survive a few hours without a TV, the country's in a worse state than I thought.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 87
6. Re: thomson flights

What a idiotic rant, Thomsons are no better or worse than any other operator. I had a two hour flight with them recently and had a good cup of coffee and a sandwich. I don't expect inflight entertainment on a short flight and normally take a book or paper.

Like joe said, airline travel is price lead. In the budget price market all people are interested in is the price. Thomsons providing better food for a little extra will not win them any more customers.

So jpgyorks, on your next cheap flight, take your own food and drink. You won't then need to bore us with your small minded rants.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 7
7. Re: thomson flights

couldnt agree more.crazypom.

yorks
8. Re: thomson flights

we were on the flight for 6 hours not 2, and its an idiotic not a idiotic, moron,maybe you could take some grammar books on your next flight.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 87
9. Re: thomson flights

Your reply sums up your posting!

yorks
10. Re: thomson flights

you cannot buy a meal anymore on a flight of 6 hours or less with thomson.

Reply to: thomson flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted