We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 hour layover

Goose Creek, South...
reviews: 141
1 hour layover

I am flying from Charleston, SC to Atalnta GA then to Dublin, Ireland

I only have 1 hour layover, do you think that is enough?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: 1 hour layover

As a rule of thumb, if it wasn't, the airlines wouldn't allow it. That said, you'll obviously be more sensitive to any potential delays than if you had a longer layover.

East Sussex, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: 1 hour layover

All on one ticket hopefully ? If not you are taking an almighty chance

Goose Creek, South...
3. Re: 1 hour layover

all on 1 ticket the airline booked it that way

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
4. Re: 1 hour layover

If the airline booked it that way they feel you can make it. Just make sure you leave plane A and go directly to plane B, and ( as we used to say, Do not pass Go and do not collect $200! ) The airline will be responsible if you miss your flight--later flight, lodging etc. BUT they will do their best to say it was your fault, that you dawdled!

Goose Creek, South...
5. Re: 1 hour layover

they say that 40 minutes is the "legal" time

in a hurry when I booked it and I didn't look @ the layover time

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 48
6. Re: 1 hour layover

It should be enough, but it's not a connection I'd ever book. ATL is the world's biggest airport, and Delta only has one flight per day to Dublin. It's not like they can put you on another one an hour later.

Look at maps of the place if you're not familiar with it. Have an idea of where the flight to DUB might normally leave from. Of course, double check gate information when you arrive.

Delta has 1/2 dozen flights from Charleston to Atlanta leaving before yours. Might be worth a call to see what it would cost to change to one of them.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 115
7. Re: 1 hour layover

As IrishFan has said I would look into getting an earlier flight from CHS. From experience, the Delta flight begins boarding 45/30 minutes before departure so for peace of mind I would try and get an earlier flight from CHS.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
8. Re: 1 hour layover

Do you have luggage that you check-in? You can definitely run but not your luggage so if there's just a little delay you can still make your flight but not your luggage.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 48
9. Re: 1 hour layover

rdglady, if she misses the connection, doesn't it depends on the cause for the misconnect? If her first flight is late due to weather, the airline will put her on a later flight, but they do not cover lodging or meals. That's what trip insurance is for. If it's due to mechanical, the airline will/should cover the additional expenses.

As an example, last year flying RIC-ATL-CDG, the flight out of RIC was delayed due to weather, and when I arrived at ATL, the flight to CDG had already departed. And I had booked with a 3-hour layover in ATL! Delta booked me a flight the next day, no problem, but I was responsible for my lodging and meals. I had purchased insurance through Delta when I booked, and insurance covered my those expenses.

My luggage made it to CDG before I did!

Edited: 11:11 am, November 04, 2011
Hants, UK
reviews: 17
10. Re: 1 hour layover

If you can't change to an earlier flight perhaps you could have a word at check in and see if you can be near the exit so you can get off quickly. Also make sure you know where you need to go for your next flight.