We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberia Airlines

Los Angeles
Iberia Airlines

Hello,

I'm trying to get some recent info on Iberia Airlines. My somewhat complicated itinerary including LAX-Miami-Toulouse-Madrid-LAX includes a few Iberia flights (the international legs mostly). The reviews on Iberia on the airline review websites are terrible, but also not that current. Any recent experience you can share?

Many thanks.

42 replies to this topic
Lanzarote, Spain
reviews: 72
1. Re: Iberia Airlines

Yes, cancellations, downgrades, delays, bad manners, sour faced cabin crew...

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 54
2. Re: Iberia Airlines

Last time I flew Iberia was three years ago (Buenos Aires to Madrid). Business class. Plane was o.k. food was horrible and the most rude FA's I ever saw ... promised myself never to fly Iberia again!

There is a thread in Trip Advisor in Spanish called "las azafatas amargadas de Iberia" (Iberia's bitter flight attendants) which has 68 entries:

tripadvisor.com.ar/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4472…

My guess would be things haven't changed much since.

Dundalk, Ireland
3. Re: Iberia Airlines

flown plenty of times without hassle

London, England
reviews: 60
4. Re: Iberia Airlines

I ave flown many times with Iberia and had mixed experiences, some good and some bad.

reviews: 1
5. Re: Iberia Airlines

We will join the chorus of those who will never fly with Iberia again! Along with several other passengers, we were left stranded in Chicago because our American flight was delayed, and ther was zero willingness by Iberia to show any concern or collaboration. The Iberia plane was still at the gate when we arrived, and it remained there for about 20 more minutes. We were at the gate at least five minutes ahead of the scheduled departure. But no mercy to us or to other passengers, including a young mother with her child. The notion that Iberia is a partner with American is a sick joke. Iberia went on to lose our luggage, and we were astonished to learn that neither American who had checked the luggage in nor Iberia could tell us where the luggage went! The Iberia employees were rude and dismissive. We have flown on dozens of airlines, and we rank Iberia as one of the very worst. Do yourself a favor and avoid Iberia!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
6. Re: Iberia Airlines

The Iberia plane was still at the gate when we arrived, and it remained there for about 20 more minutes. We were at the gate at least five minutes ahead of the scheduled departure.

This is normal. There's a lot of juggling that goes into getting an aircraft off on time and the doors are usually shut much more than 5mins before departure unless in exceptional circumstances.

Madrid
reviews: 7
7. Re: Iberia Airlines

"Iberia went on to lose our luggage, and we were astonished to learn that neither American who had checked the luggage in nor Iberia could tell us where the luggage went"

If they knew where your luggage went,it wouldn't be lost!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
8. Re: Iberia Airlines

We've just come back from Argentina with Iberia Via Madrid, the first leg of the flight was fine, however the flight from Madrid to Milan get getting delayed, this was because no Captain had been assigned to the flight which we thought was pretty incredible. There were other people on the flight that should have left the evening before and had to wait in the airport until nearly midnight before they were put up in a nearby hotel, tempers were to say the least very frayed.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 154
9. Re: Iberia Airlines

Iberia needs a serious overhaul...

Bradford, United...
reviews: 17
10. Re: Iberia Airlines

We have flown Iberia 8 time UK to Marrid then to Peru and back and Equador and back approx 3 years apart

All I can say is that they must be one of the worst airlines as both times the FA were poor prcticaly threw the meals at you and it was the worst flight meal we have ever had

11 hrs plus flights only came round once offering drinks otherwise you had to go ask the given one reluctantly as though they were paying for them

no inflight entertainment (old airbus one tv in the centre of the plain difficult to see from our seats.

All the flights were late we nearly missed our conecting flight and then lost one case came on the next flight

Overall if at all possible I will not fly Iberia again

Edited: 9:10 am, April 05, 2012
Reply to: Iberia Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted