We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

www.fly.co.uk

Southampton, United...
1 post
www.fly.co.uk

Has anyone used this website? How would you rate it?

190 replies to this topic
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
15,605 posts
239 reviews
1. Re: www.fly.co.uk

Nope never...

Any particular reason you're not using a more reputable site like Expedia or booking directly with the airline?

Regards

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
11,208 posts
170 reviews
2. Re: www.fly.co.uk

Never used them, and I can't access their site from work. As Genetic has asked, is there a particular reason why you'd want to use these? Always best to book direct, or a reputable third party booking agent.

London
Level Contributor
7,511 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: www.fly.co.uk

Have flight booked with Emirates for next month and this site is quoting £30 more than booking direct with Emirates. I certainly would not use them.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
16,741 posts
1,273 reviews
4. Re: www.fly.co.uk

I have not used them but if you are unsure, look at kayak or skyscanner.

Jersey, United...
2 posts
5. Re: www.fly.co.uk

I booked a flight with them the outward flight was fine the return flight

I got wrong put the wrong month. But since I opted to pay extra for there flexible booking I thought no problem just email them the changes without paying a penalty how wrong I was.

I sent an email did not get a reply for two days (still waiting) only had five days till departure so I phoned them I was told the flexible booking only covered 30 days before the departure fine I said there is 37 days before the return departure I was put on hold.

When they came back I was told the 30 day rule is from the outward Departure (Does not say that on there website) I then asked why they where selling Insurance for flexible booking when there is no way that it could be used No Answer. They did offer to rebook my flight for £110 the original cost was £70

While I was talking to them I was on there website and it showed the exact flight With British Airways same day same time and destination for £85 pounds I asked why I would pay £110 when on their website it cost £85 No Answer.

Four days in still no reply to my emails.

Make your own conclusion about the customer care from this company.

Edited: 10:43 am, October 31, 2011
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,496 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: www.fly.co.uk

Departure date on a return flight is always the day of the outbound flight. At least that's how I would always interpret it. That said, I don't see any note about rebooking at least 30 days before. What they say is that you can rebook up to half the time between the date of booking and your departure date.

Edited: 12:01 pm, October 31, 2011
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,266 posts
99 reviews
7. Re: www.fly.co.uk

Lex is right. The departure date is the day you leave on your first flight; what you are calling your "outward flight". This is just common sense.

I think this policy offered by fly.co.uk is very poorly written and confusing. This insurance states:

"The traveller is obligated to avoid everything that could lead to unnecessary costs. UNISTER GMBH is entitled to cut their payment in relation to the degree of fault of the traveller."

To use this policy you are supposed to:

" In order to receive an indemnity as per §2, §3 or §4, the traveller is obligated to rebook his

flights immediately if required, in order to keep the rebooking fees as well as the additional

costs of the changed flights as low as possible.

2. The traveller must submit the following documents to UNISTER GMBH: Proof of the

Flexifly-service contract, booking documents, proof of rebooking from the airline(s), as well

as booking confirmation showing the new flights.

3. If any of these obligations is violated intentionally, no action shall lie against UNISTER

GMBH. In grossly negligent breach of the obligation, UNISTER GMBH is entitled to cut

their indemnity compared and in relation to the degree of fault of the traveller."

Did you do any of this? If not, you aren't going to get any money back.

While I see nothing about any specific date requirement, it does appear that it was 100% your fault that the date was entered incorrectly, so perhaps that's why they won't cover this change?

Note, this is a German company and if you want to start talking law suits, it appears it's going to have to be in Germany.

Edited: 12:16 pm, October 31, 2011
Jersey, United...
2 posts
8. Re: www.fly.co.uk

Gracie boo

I see what you are saying. But they told me that I needed to have booked 30 ahead to qualify. so the insurance is null and void anyway. The other issue I have is them asking £110 when there website showed the price as £85 it was still that price today im not asking for freebies. So I do feel there customer care is lacking some what. And there insurance should not be an option on there website if you are not outside there thirty days policy. So even if I had done what you said since I booked 5 days ahead they would not have done anything thanks for your reply. I think I will leave it at that

9. Re: www.fly.co.uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, January 19, 2012

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,266 posts
99 reviews
10. Re: www.fly.co.uk

I agree that their webpage and this insurance policy is very poorly written, and difficult to understand. Air prices change frequently, so it's not surprising what you paid £110 is now only £85. I would avoid this company in the future.

Maybe you can get a refund for this insurance policy?

Reply to: www.fly.co.uk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted