We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpha Flight Guru

Hollywood, Florida
Alpha Flight Guru

Has anyone used Alpha Flight Guru for discounted air travel?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

I have not used them but your question led to me searching for them.

They do not have any search facility for flights and you have to send them a flight request and they say they will get you the "best match".

The majority of people on TA will advise you that booking directly with the airline (whichever one you choose) is the best option and is frequently no more or even less expensive than booking through 3rd party sites particularly in terms of service at a future date.

If there are any problems such as delays/cancellations and you have booked through a 3rd party site it is not uncommon that any issues have in the first instance to be referred to the 3rd party rather than dealing direct with the airline.

TomC

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 84
2. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

No. This company, which is located in San Bruno, CA is not BBB accredited. Go to the webpage ripoffreport.com to read all about them.

I would not deal with them.

Los Angeles...
3. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

I think the above two comments are irresponsible. First there is no negative report on ripoff.com. Second since when does BBB thoroughly research its members? Alpha flight Guru has received an A- rating downgraded due to time in business. Neither of these responders has actually used the service. I have.

I received great service and the "Guru" researched many flight options for me. These are long haul flights with many connection options. It is unlikely that the on-line auto flight reservation services would be able to put together these itineraries. SO talking with a real person seems like a bonus to me. AFG, like other competitors, buys and sells mileage awards. This allows them to purchase tickets based upon the mileage that they have acquired. Even though I have traveled under someone else's mileage awards this is allowed by the carriers. I have booked business class tickets that are far below the prices offered by Travelocity, Expedia, Kayak, Cheap Tickets etc. let alone directly through the carriers.

I understand that this can appear sketchy. I can't comment on their organization but as acustomer it works for me. I'm not at all dissatisfied with saving several thousands of dollars.

4. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:34 pm, February 13, 2014
5. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:34 pm, February 13, 2014
Carson, California
6. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

They will sell mileage ticket that could be cancelled by airlines anytime and you gonna buy new ticket for much more money. Remember at the end of the day they are selling you somebody's miles.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
7. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

Hi,

I am looking at flights with Alpha Flight Guru now and although they are offering me a great deal, I am concerned about the lack of information I can find. The GURU phoned me to book the flight, but there is no secure website to pay through and they want me to give my credit card details over the phone. No PayPal option either. Great prices but why are they not offerring secure payment facillities if they are so reputable? Now will pay full price.

8. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

Removed on: 12:35 pm, December 16, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
9. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

No secure payment option is only one reason to reconsider before booking with this company.

They purport to buy Miles and Points then use them to book tickets at supposedly reduced fares. Since most frequent flyer programs specifically prohibit buying and selling Miles or Points (except within the program's Terms and Conditions, eg where one might buy Miles directly from the airline) this leads to the potential of the airline refusing travel to the person who bought the ticket from AFG.

The old adage holds: if it seems too good to be true ....

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
10. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

"AFG, like other competitors, buys and sells mileage awards. "

Stops any hope right there. This is not legal in any flyer program. It calls into question the reliability and ethics of the company. Airlines have active fraud investigation departments. Run, don't walk, from any company of this nature.

Ignore single post rave reviews or rants. They have no credibility.