We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

uk
reviews: 11
premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

Hi

Does anyone know whether it is possible to upgrade our seats to premium class at check in.

Tried to upgrade on the telephone but was told that the flight had closed and that we could only book them for the return journey. Due to fly on Wednesday 31/08/11.

Many thanks in advance

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
reviews: 5
1. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

kayleigh,

The reason you could not upgrade your seating on the phone for your outbound would not be that the flight was closed its due to that there is no premium seating available its fully booked..........premium seating gets booked up early normally when passengers book their holiday they book premium seating at the same time as its very popular..........have you booked premium for your inbound flight as those seats will soon be booked up soon too !!!!...........as you could not book premium seating outbound on the phone you will not be able to do it at check-in as mentioned above they have sold all their premium seating.

Angie.

Edited: 9:33 am, August 29, 2011
england
reviews: 53
2. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

Hi we booked premium seats for both legs of our journey in May and the outbound flight was great... also it was super to have out own dedicated check in.

Some people were offered upgrades at the welcome meeting in resort.for the return journey at a very good price. Comparing the two levels of service I would say that coming back the crew were very tired and we did not get a really top class service particularly compared with the outbound, and the dedicated check in at Samana was just going to the front of the queue.

if I was doing this trip again I would book extra leg room and upgrade my inflight entertainment both legs of the journey - if you need to sleep then premium is a little quieter but you can still be next to a screaming child whichever section of the aircraft you are travelling in.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

One thing I would add is, that if you do book before you travel, stay clear of row 9. We had no window just a blank wall. I did find that the upgrade was worth it but was really disappointed that we did not have a window.

St. Albans, United...
reviews: 43
4. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

for a 7 hr flight i don't think it's worth roughly £150 pp to upgrade. As a couple i'd rather spend that on something else

Even when we've flown 11 hours to the Maldives we've never found the premium upgrade worth it. Apart from films and bit extra room, there's not a lot more you get

Everyone is different though...

Lisbon,Portugal
reviews: 48
5. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

I'm with chrisgarcia on this one. Also as a couple we rather spend the upgrade money on something else. We've made all our 8h and 9h flights to the Caribbean always in economic class.

Now, if someone tell me that we could upgrade to a AO flight, that will be a different story... lol...

Wilts
reviews: 9
6. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

Can anyone tell me the best seats for Thomson premier flights

Wilts
reviews: 9
7. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

Can anyone tell me the best seats for Thomson airways premier long haul flights please.

england
8. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

All the premier seats are at the front of the aircaft and when we flew is was 2 4 2 seats across, row one has the bulk head in the front of you but all the other rows have ample leg room and further back you are not bothered by people coming and going to the loo and the flight attendants sorting out drinks and food for passengers - we have row 4 on the way over and row 6 on the way back last trip to CL and although the airplane was old very comfortable trip.

england
9. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

Sorry forgot to mention if it is important to you check out sunrise and sunset if you are flying in daylight so you are on the right side of the airplane to see those.

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
reviews: 5
10. Re: premium seats on Thomson Airways (long haul)

veryhappytripper,

Premium cabin on both Ex First Choice or Ex Thomson aircraft are 2-3-2 in premium its only in economy that seating changes with Ex First Choice being 2-3-2 but Ex Thomson is 2-4-2.

Angie.