We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CheapOAir

Edson
reviews: 17
CheapOAir

Why does tripadvisor allow a company such as CheapOAir to be on the list for cheap flights when it has such a bad reputation for service and accountability

109 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: CheapOAir

Because they pay for advertising?

I actually purchased a ticket on Cheapoair and had no problem in the past.

reviews: 21
2. Re: CheapOAir

Just had a not so good experience with company as well. Was promised refund in 10-14 days. It had been almost a month - and still no response.

Edmonton, Canada
3. Re: CheapOAir

We just came back from a trip to Vietnam booked through Cheapoair. The price was a few hundred dollars less than any other company and we had absolutely no problems. The airline, China Southern, was pretty good also.

ca
reviews: 27
4. Re: CheapOAir

CheapOAir is ok if there is no problem with the airlines and everything goes smoothly.

However, do not count on them if there is a problem.

I had a reservation with CheapOair for a roundtrip with 2 different airlines. I had to cancel the first flight due to Hurricane Irene, but then the second airline would not let me cancel and said that we had to work this out with CheapOAir. Even though the Airlines waived cancellation/rescheduling fees, CheapOair kept insisting that I pay a hefty cancellation fee the price of the original ticket.

I talked to numerous people to no avail. I emailed customer service and they responded back that they could not help me through email and that I needed to contact their Chat line. Really???

The 2nd airline finally helped us with the cancellation.

In the future, a peace of mind will be worth more than a rock bottom price.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 105
5. Re: CheapOAir

"I had a reservation with CheapOair for a roundtrip with 2 different airlines. I had to cancel the first flight due to Hurricane Irene, but then the second airline would not let me cancel and said that we had to work this out with CheapOAir."

It sounds like in this instance that it was two seperate bookings so the second airline wasn't aware of your booking with the first airline.

ca
6. Re: CheapOAir

No, it was one single booking with CheapOAir, but the flight to the destination was with Continental and return flight with JetBlue.

CheapOAir could have taken care of the whole situation but they would only help us if we paid a cancellation/rescheduling fee of pretty much the same amount as the ticket eventhough the airlines had waved the fees.

Seattle, Washington
7. Re: CheapOAir

It may have been one booking with Cheapoair, but it was two separate tickets. JetBlue and CO are not in any alliance. Cheapoair clearly states that you're going to pay a change/cancellation policy to them, in addition to any airline fees. It's pretty clear.

Yes, the saying "you get what you pay for" is often true.

ca
8. Re: CheapOAir

Interesting!

Well, their customer service department just called to apologize and offer a $25 credit for the inconvenience.

They said that the agent was wrong about the fee and should have helped me out and this "should not" have happened.

Seattle, Washington
9. Re: CheapOAir

Good news! Looks as if they also decided to waive their fees.

Swarthmore, Pa.
reviews: 6
10. Re: CheapOAir

Booked 4 tickets to Orlando from Philadelphia over the holiday. Price dropped $600 with 2 days. I called to ask what I could to lower the price (cancel then rebuy?). The person was rude, really rude! Don't do it. Go with Orbitz, I just found out, who guarantees the price.

Reply to: CheapOAir
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted