We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay away from Govolo

Flensburg, Germany
reviews: 38
Stay away from Govolo

After booking a very good price flight with them on short notice - I had not received a confirmation email from them the morning of the flight - There is no way to contact them directly (no phone) so I sent them an email chaser that same morning.

The result is that a few hours after the email chaser they said they could not confirm my booking and had cancelled it. ON THE MORNING OF MY DEPARTURE!!

I've now had to rebook a MUCH more expensive ticket. Had they notified me of the booking cancellation at a more reasonable time it would have saved me a lot of time and effort - STAY AWAY from Govolo

35 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Stay away from Govolo

If you had checked this forum before you booked you would have been warned already.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Stay away from Govolo

Define short notice. Most 3rd party bookers need some time to confirm tickets and most make that clear in their T&C (don’t know if Govolo does though).

Flensburg, Germany
reviews: 38
3. Re: Stay away from Govolo

they cancelled the booking 28 hours AFTER I made the reservation and 2 hours before the departure of the flight, but now we get to the good bit, I'd booked another flight (the return ticket) although I provided them with all my credit card details and now that I have left the house and am travelling - they are requesting a photocopy of my personal papers and of the front and back on my credit card. I've never encountered such an unporfessional travel org in my life. I will continue to update this site to refeclt what progress (or lack of) I am making - All I can do is restate the obvious - if you want hassle free and no scam bookings - stay away from Govolo

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 102
4. Re: Stay away from Govolo

Stay away from Govolo - and all third party agents

Brussels, Belgium
5. Re: Stay away from Govolo

I booked a ticket with this website and I had a good experience. Price was cheaper than on other websites and I got a quick answer for a question about my schedule. Regarding the tickets’ confirmation it usually takes some time to third party agents to confirm the ticket

San Jose
reviews: 36
6. Re: Stay away from Govolo

Will NEVER use Govolo again. Should have read other postings beforehand.

Had problems trying to book a flight on their website. No contact info, so I emailed them. Got NO response.

Two hours later booked with Lastminute.com - same flight, immediate response and cheaper.

Several hours later received email from Govolo advising they had charged my credit card 55 Euros.

Now after SEVERAL emails, they are offering to refund us only 19 Euros !

Majorca, Spain
7. Re: Stay away from Govolo

LOL, the French lastminute site (lastminute.fr) *IS* govoyages/govolo. :P

In the fine print when you start the booking on lastminute.fr:

"La vente de nos offres " Vol " de la marque lastminute.com est assurée par Go Voyages" with all the same IATA and immatriculation numbers...

I hope that my govolo booking actually goes through without losing my payment. :-(

Nairobi
reviews: 7
8. Re: Stay away from Govolo

I am so disappointed with Skyscanner.com that they are including Govolo in their search engine of travel agencies. I have just booked and paid 350 USD online and yesterday evening I got an email to do a bank wire for the same amount, with a stamp from the bank and within 20 hours. This is ridiculous, and most travellers book online and pay online, why should I visit a bank in person?

And it seems they are trying to charge the same amount twice.

Anyhow, I should have checked out the company before booking, but thought it was trustworthy as I booked through skyscanner. Lesson for next time....

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
9. Re: Stay away from Govolo

Are you sure your creditcard payment has gone through? Sounds to me like they might have rejected your cc-payment, possibly for security reasons. That said, never ever pay by bank transfer as you have no way of getting your money back should something go wrong.

Amsterdam, The...
10. Re: Stay away from Govolo

I do have a positive experience with Govolo. I booked a return flight ticket with KLM through them. My credit card payment did go through. I received an email with request to make a transfer instead which I after some hesitation did. Even though they said on spot they could not guarantee the tariff until have the payment (which was annoying, but understandable), they booked the requested flight right after receiving the payment. They actively communicated by email, I have the e-ticket, I am very happy with their services!

Reply to: Stay away from Govolo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted