We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edreams

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 1
edreams

does any body know if this site is cosher i have just come across it whilst searching for flights

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 147
1. Re: edreams

I'd do a search for previous posts on here before booking with them if I were you.

UK
reviews: 90
2. Re: edreams

What Sunmagic said, DEFINITELY search here before booking. There are some very long threads full of less than happy customers.

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 1
3. Re: edreams

thanks for your warning will have a browse through the posts saw some cheap flights . too good to be true

reviews: 112
4. Re: edreams

What? Yet another edreams post but this time asking if it's 'cosher'? From what I've read here I'd say un-'cosher' it is. But do search 'edreams' in the box above to make your own decision about this outfit.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
5. Re: edreams

We've used edreams before and never had a problem but the price you see at the beginning isn't the end price, they add on taxes and a booking fee just before you give your credit card details so be warned.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
6. Re: edreams

Yes, definitely search on here for eDreams reviews. The most disturbing one I saw revealed that they book returns as one way tickets, leaving you unprotected if the outbound is canceled.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4251720…

Edited: 1:26 pm, June 13, 2011
Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
reviews: 9
7. Re: edreams

Watto 64...

The old adage springs to mind here, "If it seems to good to be true, then sadly more likely than not, it won't be true" .. !, caution should be heeded..

Regards

Dave

Edited: 4:30 pm, June 13, 2011
Denver
reviews: 13
8. Re: edreams

Do not use this company. They are dishonest. Here is our story from last weekend:

DD is traveling on her own in South America. She had booked her tickets through an on-line company called "eDreams". She had confirmation of itinerary and tickets from Cuzco to Lima to Santiago, in an e-mail from eDreams. She confirmed her bank account was charged for the nearly $600 fare. She felt they were good to work with via e-mail, and she had no reason to think they were flaky.

She arrived at Cuzco airport and the airline (LAN) told her that eDreams had CANCELLED her ticket. All other flights were sold out going to Lima and/or Santiago for the next two days.

LAN airline personnel were sorry for the mess, but they were sold out and could not help. They said eDreams would have to sort it out for her the next day.

She had an immersion program starting the next morning, with a homestay, and a ride picking her up that night in Santiago. So she persisted in trying to find a solution for Sunday.

I was trying to help her in the States, while she worked face-to-face at Cuzco. Not speaking the language very well was a hindrance, but she is a smart cookie.

After many attempts calling eDreams' various numbers from my cell, I would get an error voice message saying my phone call could not be accepted. I called AT&T to help make sure I was dialing correctly.

Then, I discovered I had to call eDreams from a LAND-LINE, which I did not have easily accessible, because we were out of town, also.

I called a friend from my cell, and asked her to call eDreams from her land-line, which is when we discovered eDreams was closed anyway.

I also sent two e-mails asking for help to eDreams' customer service and to the rep who confirmed her ticket. No replies.

DD found a person at the Cuzco airport, who was willing to help her search third-party inventory. They found a transferrable ticket she bought for $1100, nearly twice what she had already paid to eDreams. She tipped the helper, too.

So she bought those tickets, after a couple stressful hours in Cuzco airport. Then she spent the night at the Santiago airport, as she arrived at 1:00 a.m., and had to wait till 8:00 a.m. to get her ride.

So, we would love for eDreams to reimburse her the $1100 she paid. They say, 'No way, Jose!'

They have not explained why this happened. They did refund her $600, at least.

Denver
reviews: 13
9. Re: edreams

Do not use this company. They are dishonest. Here is our story from last weekend:

DD is traveling on her own in South America. She had booked her tickets through an on-line company called "eDreams". She had confirmation of itinerary and tickets from Cuzco to Lima to Santiago, in an e-mail from eDreams. She confirmed her bank account was charged for the nearly $600 fare. She felt they were good to work with via e-mail, and she had no reason to think they were flaky.

She arrived at Cuzco airport and the airline (LAN) told her that eDreams had CANCELLED her ticket. All other flights were sold out going to Lima and/or Santiago for the next two days.

LAN airline personnel were sorry for the mess, but they were sold out and could not help. They said eDreams would have to sort it out for her the next day.

She had an immersion program starting the next morning, with a homestay, and a ride picking her up that night in Santiago. So she persisted in trying to find a solution for Sunday.

I was trying to help her in the States, while she worked face-to-face at Cuzco. Not speaking the language very well was a hindrance, but she is a smart cookie.

After many attempts calling eDreams' various numbers from my cell, I would get an error voice message saying my phone call could not be accepted. I called AT&T to help make sure I was dialing correctly.

Then, I discovered I had to call eDreams from a LAND-LINE, which I did not have easily accessible, because we were out of town, also.

I called a friend from my cell, and asked her to call eDreams from her land-line, which is when we discovered eDreams was closed anyway.

I also sent two e-mails asking for help to eDreams' customer service and to the rep who confirmed her ticket. No replies.

DD found a person at the Cuzco airport, who was willing to help her search third-party inventory. They found a transferrable ticket she bought for $1100, nearly twice what she had already paid to eDreams. She tipped the helper, too.

So she bought those tickets, after a couple stressful hours in Cuzco airport. Then she spent the night at the Santiago airport, as she arrived at 1:00 a.m., and had to wait till 8:00 a.m. to get her ride.

So, we would love for eDreams to reimburse her the $1100 she paid. They say, 'No way, Jose!'

They have not explained why this happened. They did refund her $600, at least.

Saskatoon, Canada
10. Re: edreams

Edreams is the worst booking site I have ever come across. We had flights booked and they cancelled them on us without notification. We had originally booked and they wanted us to send copies of our passports and both sides of our credit cards. In an age where identity theft occurs regularly this is absolutely ridiculous. They have no customer service and it is by far the shadiest outfit I have ever come across. We ended up having to rebook and it costed us an extra $500. The chances of us recovering any costs due to the cancellation are none. I would never ever book with Edreams, it seems like a scam.

PS - the day after we initially booked with Edreams my Fiance was the victim of credit card fraud. Edreams is the only sight we used prior to the fraud.