We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who are getawayASAP?

La Crescenta...
reviews: 30
Who are getawayASAP?

On Skyscanner getawayASAP consistently offers very low priced tickets compared to the rest. I checked their site and if seems legit. But I continuously come across complaints when I search the name online... Some of them were posted in a topic here that got closed:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k3573571…

Does anyone know more about getawayASAP (a.k.a. Alliance Travel)? Their CST # 2065690 does not return any hits, and I also found a company with the same CST number:

http://www.celtictravel.com/

Can anyone share experiences of dealing with getawayASAP? Thanks in advance!

# 2065690

99 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

>>But I continuously come across complaints when I search the name online

Surely that tells you all you need to know?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

>>I checked their site and if seems legit.

Of course there site will seem legit or nobody would go any further.

I would suggest that you have enough information (complaints/multiple companies with same CST number) to make the right decision on whether to proceed further.

TomC

New Hartford, New...
3. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

I had a bad experience with getaway ASAP. I purchased round trip tickets for June 2011 to go to Spain, in November 2010. In January I called to see if I could change the date of the outbound flight. It would have doubled the cost of the tickets so I decided to purchase one way tickets using airline miles so I could leave the week before. i emailed getaway ASAP to let them know that I wanted to cancel the outbound but keep the return flight. They told me that I could not cancel part or the trip. I either had to cancel the whole trip or keep it. I decided thus, to keep it but just use the return portion. In July when I called the airline from Spain to confirm my return flight, they told me I didn't have one as my entire ticket had been voided due to not showing up for the first part of the trip. They said that if I was not planning to use it, that I should have let them or my travel agency know. I had told getaway ASAP in January. At the last minute I had to spend $2,000 to purchase last minute tickets to get back home. I had paid for the original tickets in December and was not able to use them as they had been voided without my knowledge. I am never going to use them again.I am actually suing them now. They should have informed the airline or should have told me to inform the airline so the return ticket wouldn't be voided. Maggie

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
4. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

"they told me I didn't have one as my entire ticket had been voided due to not showing up for the first part of the trip."

I wouldn't blame GetawayAsap for this. It is standard procedure and in the T&C's that all flight coupons must be used in the order purchased or the segment you no show for and all subsequent segments will be cancelled.

Depending on the fare class of the ticket you purchased, the TA may have been correct in advising you that your had to cancel the entire ticket. Cancelling only the outbound leg may not have been allowed depending on the fare rules. At the very least (if it had been allowed), the ticket would have been repriced to a O/W fare at current price and you would have been responsible for any fare difference plus any change fees and penalties.

Sorry, but in your situation, I can't fault the company in question.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 35
5. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

As far as I can see it is entirely your own fault. If ASAP told you you couldn't cancel part of your trip, then you say "I decided thus ,to keep it but just use the return portion". Well outwith the T&Cs, sorry you learned the hard way.

New Hartford, New...
6. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

I spoke with the airline when I found out that my entire trip was voided for not showing up for the first flight. They said that had I or the travel agency notified them that I was only going to use the return flight, they would not have voided the ticket. It was a matter of NOTIFYING them of my intentions. I NOTIFIED the travel agency. Had I not notified the TA then I agree that it was my fault. Maggie

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 35
7. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

They may not have voided the ticket, but they would probably have charged the one-way fare. As you yourself said " I decided etc". Should have dealt with airline from the start.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
8. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

And that, MaggieBcn, is precisely why you should book directly from the airline(s)!

Bucket online sellers may get you a dirt cheap ticket (though in many cases you can get them just as cheap direct), but something has to be dirt cheap and that usually turns out to be the customer service. When you need to make a change, you then have to go through the agent, who may only deal by email or premium rate phone, and then give no/incorrect/lazy advice. Even if they did change the ticket for you (which would have incurred airline change fees) they would have charged a hefty fee of their own.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
9. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

"They said that had I or the travel agency notified them that I was only going to use the return flight, they would not have voided the ticket."

And you believed that.

San Francisco...
10. Re: Who are getawayASAP?

What an awfully incompetent company! They cancelled a trip and failed to contact us. We only found once we were at the airport. When we called to check everything, no one answers the phone so you have to leave a message and it takes them 2 hours to get back to you. I would urge people to go with another company, one that you can trust and who have courteous workers offering to help you- they just hung up on me. I wouldn't have given it any stars but I have to leave a rating

Reply to: Who are getawayASAP?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted