We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priority Pass

Manchester
reviews: 6
Priority Pass

Hi

I have a couple of questions regarding priority pass. I'm thinking of spending approx UK£170 for a year's subscription, I notice a number of people have got a card free or at a discount, can anyone advise if I can buy the card at a discounted rate?

Is the card value for money, I travel regularly and often find lounges close once some main carriers flights have left, this hapend last week whilst I was at Malpensa airport in Milan.

Terry L

Buenos Aires
reviews: 174
31. Re: Priority Pass

Priority Pass is absolutely horrible. Their customer service is atrocious, most of their lounges allow far too m any people in so often times, there isn't even room to sit, many lounges are often out of food/snacks, and they don't even have lounges in many of the larger airports they should. When I complained about one of their lounges on their Facebook page, they even prevented me from posting future comments! They care more about their appearance than actually providing a quality service. I'd suggest achieving the required elite status on your preferred airline to allow for free access to their lounges, rather than waste your money on Priority Pass.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 33
32. Re: Priority Pass

I have had the priority pass in the past, and found it just was not worth it, at least for the amount of travel I am doing lately.

Several issues:

Smaller airport in the Carribean--website says Opening Hours: 07:00 - 20:45 daily. Sign at door gave the same hours and the door was locked. No one there at all. Not much point having a lounge that does not open. If your try companing to PP, they say each lounge is independent.

Toronto-if you buy one of their passes (the type where you pay for each loune visit), save your money. You can enter the Priority pass lounge for just about the same amount of money with or without the pass (check for coupons on line)

And finally, I don't like the fact that if you buy a pass today, you pay today, but you don't get access to the lounges until you physically get your card--which may take up to 2 weeks to get.

Nice little operation there--pay for 52 months of access and only get 50.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
33. Re: Priority Pass

Whether the pass is worth it depends on the user's usage patterns. Some airport lounges are good, while others aren't. There is no set answer.

Buenos Aires
34. Re: Priority Pass

I finally received a rather condescending response from Priority Pass when I questioned their "blocking" me from making Facebook comments on their page because they were critical. Here's the response below. The only reason I continue to use this horribly run consortium of lounges is because access is included free of charge with my AMEX Platinum Card. Priority Pass' email to me after waiting nearly a month for a response:

Dear _____________:

After researching the situation with our Social Media Team, we understand the frustration with being blocked from our Facebook site. However, it seems that most of your posts were to reiterate your concern with the Buenos Aires airport not having a lounge participating in the program. We appreciate your concern (as well as those of all Priority Pass members) and after receiving your posts, we responded with a clarification and have actioned your inquiry indicating that Priority Pass was working to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, you continued to respond to each Priority Pass announcement with negative feedback regarding the same issue. As these multiple posts were no longer productive, your account was blocked.

Please understand we do appreciate the feedback provided by our members. This is why we have teams dedicated to responding to feedback so that our members are educated in the scenario causing the members concerns. However, when that feedback is reiterates the same issue in a negative way, we reserve the right to restrict access to those individuals.

Regarding the need to have a lounge in Buenos Aires, Priority Pass has been and will continue to pursue lounges throughout the world to participate in our program. The previous Buenos Aires lounge left the program effective August 15th and our team has been working very diligently to secure an alternative solution. We will inform our members when this occurs.

We are willing to consider reinstating your access to our site provided your comments are constructive and once we provide a response, you don’t continue to echo the same concerns.

Thank you,

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 73
35. Re: Priority Pass

Hi,

re: 34

To be honest -- and I have not reviewed the actions by either party here -- I do see some merit in their response..

I too wouldn't want someone who (if true) continued to post substantially the same thing over and over on my commercial FB page.. I get that.. The fact it's negative of course is not to their advantage, but taking a step back, I see some merit in their decision (again, if in fact you did as they appear to allege) if you were there essentially to repeatedly disparage them.

Travel Safe,

kentucky
reviews: 39
36. Re: Priority Pass

I agree with GOPBI, but I would be less diplomatic. Continual complaints about the lack of one lounge smacks of whining, whinging, pouting, besmirching, acting like a cry-baby...You can't seem to let it go. Perhaps you should invest in developing a relationship with the EZE airport, put your money into the effort and you could have the lounge you desire. We would all love to fly first class--a suite on a 380?--or have lounge access everywhere w/PP but I recall a song lyric: "you can't always get what you want."

I will remember the lack of a lounge next time I fly EZE. Thanks for the info.

UK
reviews: 89
37. Re: Priority Pass

I finally received a rather condescending response from Priority Pass when I questioned their "blocking" me from making Facebook comments on their page because they were critical.

=======

Seems like a very fair response to me, not condescending at all, they dont want you continually bleating the same thing like a stuck record, whats the point? You have your say they have theirs. Maybe other passengers have that as an issue, if so the numbers will tell one way or another, but one person with a gripe just continually saying the same thing over and over is pointless.

Buenos Aires
38. Re: Priority Pass

Well when you are based in EZE and paid $450 for an American Express Platinum Card for the benefit of Priority Pass lounge access in your home airport, I think I am justified in complaining (I wouldn't classify it as whining). Priority Pass simply cannot accept constructive criticism and censors vocal members. In 2014, I will again get my Saphire elite status back with One World so I'll have access to both the LAN and American lounges so I will very willingly drop Priority Pass. If you people are satisfied with substandard access to lounges, lousy customer service and many poorly run lounges, then keep throwing your money at PP.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 73
39. Re: Priority Pass

Hi,

re: 38

"Well when you are based in EZE and paid $450 for an American Express Platinum Card for the benefit of Priority Pass lounge access in your home airport, I think I am justified in complaining (I wouldn't classify it as whining).

==> I see your point there.. but I'd ask this.. Did you check FIRST what was or was not offered via PP at EZE in terms of their lounge offerings? If you DID CHECK and AFTER you decided to join Amex PP changed the lounges, then I cede you've got a very legit complaint..

However, if you did NOT check first what was on offer at EZE first, then joined Amex, then found out it wasn't to your liking.. that to me is materially different.. and in that case I think you'd have to own up to a lack of pre-purchase homework.

"Priority Pass simply cannot accept constructive criticism and censors vocal members."

===> I would disagree.. and I think if you could or were to take yourself out of the matter and look at it dispassionately and from a 3rd disinterested party viewpoint, you'd see it differently..... you appear to be what one (and I) would call a spammer... I mean lets be honest with ourselves...

Your intentions by (allegedly) repeatedly positing the substantially the material, was done fundamentally to pressure them into an action you wanted.... the "cover story" is s claim of "censorship"... and barring their acquiescing to your demands, you'll effectively try a "name and shame" in hopes of that working... and it sounds like neither have..

I wholly agree with their actions here.. I think you and others should be allowed to have constructive comment -- good OR bad -- on their FB page... I support that.... but I too would block and ban any users who attempted to spam my FB page or use it in a manner that is substantially against what it's design is..

In 2014, I will again get my Saphire elite status back with One World so I'll have access to both the LAN and American lounges so I will very willingly drop Priority Pass.

==> That sounds like your best option as it will fix your issues and I think better fits your actual needs,

If you people are satisfied with substandard access to lounges, lousy customer service and many poorly run lounges, then keep throwing your money at PP."

==> THIS is the kind of comments that materially undermines your credibility, both here as well as on FB.. I get It -- your angry --- and PP hasn't done what you wanted them to do.. and to add fuel to the fire, they've now effectively cut off your larger "mouthpiece" to either name-and-shame them or to continue to spam (I'm calling it what it really is) their page in hopes you'll get your way..

I don't know that PP is good... or bad.. Largely I think this is a case of "it is what it is"... and given they don't own or operate the lounges themselves - you do have to be sure that whatever your membership "buys" is something you can use and is at a price-point that you find value in.

Travel Safe,

40. Re: Priority Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, October 29, 2013