We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 49
Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

Is there any update information re using a lounge at T5?

We have a 6 hour stopover and leave on a BA flight(Economy) from Terminal 5. I don't mind paying if I can get into a lounge.

Failing that...if we used another terminal, how long does it take to get to T5 from T3 where we arrive on a Qantas flight from Sydney?

229 replies to this topic
Guildford, England
reviews: 11
1. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

The lounges in T5 are for first, club, gold & silver exec club. If you do not fall into one of those categories then you cannot use them. There are no pay for use lounges. However there are loads of shops to browse and places to eat and drink.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

The only way you could pay to access the BA business class lounges is through Qantas Club membership.

qantas.com.au/travel/…en

You cannot access one of the other terminals airside if you are flying from Terminal 5.

UK
reviews: 88
3. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

<<Failing that...if we used another terminal>>

You can't because the lounges are airside and you can only go airside with the right boarding pass, yours will only let you get into T5.

There are plenty of restaurants, about all you can do is find one and take a very leisurely lunch.

Alternatively you have time to go to T4 and book a room in the Yotel for 3 or 4 hours. get back to T5 a couple of hours before assuming your luggage is being xferred through, should be OK.

4. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, March 31, 2011

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 49
5. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

Thankyou for this information - I will check out the website.

Much appreciated

London, United...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

You can only access BA lounge at Terminal 5 if your next onward flight that day is Qantas, British Airways, or Jetstar Airlines

qantas.com.au/travel/…en

Edited: 4:33 pm, November 14, 2011
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
7. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

If the original poster has a shorthaul flight from T5 (and they haven't travelled) it might be worth upgrading to Club Europe for the use of the lounge alone. There are two large business class lounges where you could quite easily while away 6hrs. Sometimes it's as cheap as £60 to upgrade to Club Europe...

UK
reviews: 88
8. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

OP2002, FKB61 has woken up a 6+ month old effectively defunct thread the poster has likely long been and gone and hasn't posted since 31 March anyway.

Edited: 6:24 pm, November 14, 2011
London
9. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

This is a new terminal and it is appalling to know British Airways made no provisions for the ordinary traveller who wouldn't be abe to afford upwards of £60.00 to stay in a lounge area while waiting for a flight bearing in mind that a great number of travellers leave there homes at ungodly hours to get to the Airport on time. I would like to hear other people's view on this, bearing in mind that I terminal 3 one can book a lounge for £17.00.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
10. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge

BA didn't design the terminal, BAA did. I don't know of any airline making special provisions for non-status economy class travelers. You don't need to be at T5 hours before if you don't want to, the cutoff for clearing security/conformance is 35mins before departure.

Either way T5 has tons of shops and restaurants, it's hardly cause for complain IMO. If it bothers you that much then pony up for business class or fly BA enough to earn lounge access.

Reply to: Heathrow Terminal 5 lounge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted