We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 53
Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

New look and branding for Australian airline Virgin Blue

smh.com.au/business/…

ausbt.com.au/…

The uniform reminds me a lot like Virgin Atlantic with the purple scarf.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
1. Re: Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

Hi,

I'm glad they chose an Australian designer as there's more than enough native talent without having to go overseas..

Overall I like the women's dress.. the scarf to me seems a little distracting to me, but I do like the color contrast.. The round toe pump with short covered stiletto I'm sure works well, but I wonder if there is a in-cabin pump or flat.. The simple black belt with the brushed stainless steel reminds me of the Nina Ricci belt that was issued as a part of KLM's uniform that was just updated.

The mens jacket is classy with the double-button, single breast jacket with the classical 4-button vest. I wonder if it's fitted in the back or adjustable. and I don't see what shoe they use for the men.. I assume it's a standard lace-up oxford.. but I've seen cap-toes before.

Overall, very nice.

Travel Safe,

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

The men's uniforms are very "Qantas" - which isn't surprising given the new CEO has come from there and is apparently trying to revamp the company into a full service airline.

smh.com.au/photogallery/…

Incidently - the designer is the winner of Australian Project Runway a few years ago.

Overall I like it - but as with their last uniform design, what looks great on models may not necessary translate well on every day people.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
3. Re: Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

Call me a male chauvinist numbat (many have before), but I prefer Elle MacPherson - er, I mean what she's wearing.....

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 129
4. Re: Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

Very nice, though I wonder what the fabric is like. AirAsia's bold red uniforms look so cheap after a few times being ironed...

I liek the scarf. Airlines in Japan do a similar thing, but Virgin Blue's is a little more relaxed and flamboyant, perhaps like Australia itself :)

australia
reviews: 17
5. Re: Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

Yuk

No sorry the ladies I do not like at all. Red is a power colour and scares the hell out of people..solid red dress AND jacket is bad. The scarf is too over the top especially the way they have them tied. What about the girls with short necks

That black dress (ground crew), too short needs to be 2 inches longer, makes the girl look short and frumpy and I too do not believe it will suit most of the Virgin girls

As for the heels, bunions and bad feet is all the girls will get out of those, far too high. You should see my friends feet (ex flightee) has to have shoes made especially now

The brown hues far more calming

Much easier dressing the men, they look nice and yes it looks like something the new CEO wears

australia
reviews: 17
6. Re: Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

>>>>>>Call me a male chauvinist numbat (many have before), but I prefer Elle MacPherson - er, I mean what she's wearing.....

Isn't Elle wearing the mens uniform?

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
7. Re: Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

Who cares what she's wearing...........

Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

Jagjetfly....have you got a link for the ground crew uniform? I've not been able to find it.

9. Re: Virgin Blue - New look, New Uniforms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, October 23, 2012