We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

London, United...
reviews: 11
we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

Has anyone out there attempted to find out the refund amount for a flight booked and then found that B/A had cancelled their flights and refuse to refund or reinstate their flights - this has happened to us - we lost £ 950 in under 2 hours please let us know if you have had this happen to you ?

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
1. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

Not clear to me just what happened here.

Have you discussed this with BA?

reviews: 112
2. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

Your post is confusing. Not sure why you mentioned in your title that you cancelled your flights 'accidentally'. It sounds as though the airline was the one that cancelled them. They only do so for legitimate reasons; it's up to them if they will reinstate them or not. Perhaps why the airline won't refund you is because your tickets are non-refundable.

Palmetto, Florida
reviews: 10
3. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

I think OP went to the cancel flightsection and put in their flight nunber, some how the computer cancelled it now they try to undone

Iowa
reviews: 27
4. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

<<<<<attempted to find out the refund amount

You accidently canceled your flight? Why attempt to find out the refund while the flight was still booked? Confusing.

Edited: 8:37 pm, February 15, 2011
Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
5. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

If you acceidentally cancelled your flights and are still planning to take the trip, the airline might be willing/able to reinstate your flights as the tickets (even if non refundable) may still be valid.

If you have decided not to take the trip and the tickets are non-refundable, they may still be changeable with the payment of a fee. If so, you usually have up to a year from the original ticket issue date (not the original travel date) to reuse the tickets.

I suggest you contact the airline and see what your options are and what they can do to assist you.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
6. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

You didn't lay out enough details to generate more accurate answers. At this point, your best option is to talk to BA or your travel agent.

UK
reviews: 88
7. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

Seems pretty straightforward to me, OP went onto the BA website onto manage my booking and tried to see if they could find out what sort of a refund they would get IF they canceled, by going part way through the cancel option. But they went too far and accidentally canceled for real. Then they called BA who refused to reinstate.

I would call back and try and go up the supervisor/management chain to find someone who took pity, I'd start with something like "look I've been an idiot but I'm pretty sure you wont be able to help me out of the mess I've made, please can I speak to a supervisor" and see if you can find someone with the authority to reverse it. If that doesn't work try a registered letter to the CEO (Bill Francis now IIRC).

And on the phone or in letter each case stressing it was your stupidity that caused this, not BA's fault, and asking for their help, and not using phrases like "BA cancelled the flight" which 'obviously' they didnt.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
8. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

"If that doesn't work try a registered letter to the CEO (Bill Francis now IIRC)."

The letter will be read by his PA, and then forwarded onto the relevant department - not sure how a letter to the CEO will work.

Iowa
reviews: 27
9. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

I think joeintheuk has it exactly right.

Milky Way
10. Re: we accidentally cancelled oue British Airways Flights

This is why some people should always use travel agents.

You actually have to enter your card details to confirm a refund on ba.com. How you can do this 'by mistake' is utterly beyond me.