We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transavia

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 4
Transavia

Has anybody flown with Transavia? Are they reliable?

18 replies to this topic
Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 75
1. Re: Transavia

Yes they are fine, they are the low cost division of KLM, they also use reserved seating so no 'scrum' like on many low cost carriers

Alicante, Spain
reviews: 3
2. Re: Transavia

Last week with Transavia to Holland. We reserved a car with holidaycars, a partner of Transavia. At the destination there was no car and no solution given by them. There I stood with my confirmation of the reservation in my hands and two small children without a rented and payed (!) car. At 23.15 on the airport with the kind advise to claim through internet.v Not recomendable to rent a car with Transavia and holidaycars !

San...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Transavia

How strict is Transavia about the 10kg weight limit for cabin baggage? Do they weigh your hand luggage at check-in?

Also, has anyone flown them out of Pisa? Given that they don't offer on-line check-in, what time do I need to be at the airport for a 9:55 AM flight?

Thank you for your advice.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 75
4. Re: Transavia

According to the website checkin opens 2 hours before dep. and closes 30 mins before. I would arrive 1 hour before.

When I have flown them my handluggage was not weighed,but that is no guarantee that it will not be weighed in Pisa, if your ticket was not booked with them but through KLM then it seems that the KLM allowance might be allowed.

reviews: 19
5. Re: Transavia

When I flew with Transavia from Amsterdam to Marrakech , my carry on bag was not weighed but I also noticed that so many passengers with large bags they carried with them into the plane . I'm not sure if they fall within the 10-kilo limit !!

Amsterdam, The...
6. Re: Transavia

My bag (9.5kg) weighted less than 10 kg and could entered the bag measurement but stupid and rude check-in staff did not want to see or listen. I had to pay for small bag which should not be like that based on the Transavia regulation (10kg). Check-in process was mess. It was the worst flight (nightmare) service ever. Incredibly bad!

Dusseldorf, Germany
7. Re: Transavia

Hello

I am travelling with Transavia this coming weekend from Amsterdam. How do they measure your carry on bag? With a ruler or do you fit it into a frame/sign thing?

Thanks alot!

Sara

Zeeuws Vlaanderen
reviews: 5
8. Re: Transavia

We flew Transavia a few weeks ago and the hand luggage was approved before baggage drop off by a KLM agent. We didn't notice any actual measuring or weighing by anyone. If you have several smaller bags you have to put them together in a bigger bag, because only one item of hand luggage is allowed.

At Fuerteventura airport, before the return flight, they did weigh our hand luggage.

Dusseldorf, Germany
9. Re: Transavia

Thanks alot!

10. Re: Transavia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, October 10, 2013

Reply to: Transavia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted