We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FlyBe are a disgrace

Devon UK
reviews: 103
FlyBe are a disgrace

I am ASTONISHED to see that FlyBe have won an award as best shorthaul airline. I have never in my life dealt with a company who, in my view, less deserve an award. I have been trying to book my 'REWARD' flight with them for over a month now. I have spent more on their 10p-a-minute phone-calls than the flight is worth. I have even spoken to the CEO's PA in an attempt to get it sorted. It would have been quicker and cheaper to have paid to fly to New York first class then rowed to my destination than to use my BONUS REWARD .

If any of the judges of this award had ever spent infuriating excruciating, time-wasting hours on the phone trying t get through to FlyBe then maybe they would think again. I, for one, woud never ever willingly have any dealings with them whatsoever. Before you book to fly with them, just understand that in case of a problem later, it is virtually impossible to contact them on any telephone number they give out and that they do not answer emails either.

210 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

There are 15 pages worth of posts on Flybe on this board alone. Most people don't seem to like them.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 88
2. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

I booked a 'reward' flight to Edinburgh for this coming August online without any problems. I regularly use Flybe from Exeter and have not had any problems, flights on time, comfortable aircraft and excellent cabin crew.

I will correct you on your rather over board posting, they do answer their phones and they will reply to email although that might take a day or two.

Perhaps you could explain why you had to take your attempted 'reward' booking all the way to the CEO? when these can be booked online via their website.

Flybe are not perfect but your rant is rather ridiculous and over the top

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

Not that I'm a huge fan of flybe but there's far more to an airline than having difficulties booking an award seat.

Devon UK
4. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

I am glad that your experience has been better than mine. All I can say is that I have failed on numerous occasions to get through to the premium rate number given and that promises made have been broken. In my view, that constitutes poor practice but everyone has different expectations.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 88
5. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

You still have not explained why you did not book your 'award' flight online?

reviews: 114
6. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

doomdoom, I feel you mixed the issues you've had with getting your reward ticket booked with the airline in general. My family and I only flew with them once, but we found them to be quite good in getting from point A to point B without losing our luggage.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
7. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

I'm no fan of 0870 numbers either.

You may reach Flybe at 01392 268500 or 01392 268529.

Devon UK
8. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

I did not book my award flight on line because the Bonus Voucher I received stated clearly that the flight could ONLY be booked by calling the premium rate number given. I called that number 6 times for up to 20 minutes at a time and was told repeatedly that my call was valued, they were experiencing high call volume and I would be answered eventually. I never was. I emailed them, I received no reply. I rang Customer Services - I was told my call was valued but they were experiencing very high call volume and I would be answered eventually.After I had made and drunk a cup of tea, I gave up. Now I admit it would have been easier and probably more sensible to have given up, shrugged it off and just bought my flight in the normal way. I wish I had!!!! But i had kept my part of the bargain and assumed FlyBe would do the same.

I called the CEO's office and explained my situation. His PA said she would look into it. Two days later a gentleman from FlyBe called me and took my Bonus booking. I was told that i should return the slip to them by post and as soon as they received it they would confirm my flight. They never did.

I am now back to ringing the same premium rate number and listening to the same message. If you are saying you have no problem getting through to them, please tell me which number you use because none of the tel no's on their website get answered.

I now have NO CHOICE but to pay for my flight online in the normal way as I have made arrangements for the day in question. The flight is now double the price it would have been when I first started trying to book.

I was made an offer of a free flight. I accepted in good faith and kept my part of the bargain. I have ended up with a flight costing me twice what it should have plus 2 hours of 10p a minute telephone calls plus frustration and time wasted. Now you are free to consider that Award Winning Service but I am free to call it a Disgrace. Anyone considering acquiring a FlyBe credit card with the offer of a Bonus Flight should think again - it is a scam!!!!!!!

Devon UK
9. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

Traveller Plus of Vancouver, thanks for the tel no's. premium line numbers that nobody answers are a ripoff and a way of the company hiding from its legitimate responsibilites. They assume that eventually people will just give up and go away, and most probably do.

Devon UK
10. Re: FlyBe are a disgrace

Traveller Plus - me again. The tel numers you gave me alos are charged at 10p a minute and when you call them you get a recorded message saying 'Your call is important to us. Please hold for the next available advisor.' So I have now spent another £1 on phone calls to a recorded message - I gave up after 10 minutes. My toal phoen bill to FlyBe is probably now more than the original flight cost.

If ANYONE has a telephone number for FlyBe that is not a ripoff and has a human at the end, please post it.

Reply to: FlyBe are a disgrace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted