We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Austin TX
reviews: 143
SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Where do I start? Really, it was all a HORRIBLE+AWFUL Experience

None of the Employees at CHENNAI Airport understand the meaning of Customer Service. They all need some training. It was a really bad Experience, Dont recommend this Airlines at all. We were travelling with Family and the flight was delayed and we were treated really badly at Chennai. They were making us hurry and run all over the Airport when they were at FAULT. Well, I would have cooperated and not complained if they were at least nice about the whole delay which was their mistake. I should have gotten some names and complained. This Girl in particular at Chennai Airport was just HORRIBLY RUDE.

India is mis-represented and put to shame because of such BAD Airlines like SpiceJet. I hope the management takes some action.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
1. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Sorry you had a bad experience with Spice Jet we only flew twice with them in India but can only say good things about them. Every airline has it's problems I'm thinking you were just unlucky this time.

Austin TX
2. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Dont know about being unlucky....

I dont have high expectations from Budget Airlines and if the lowest possible expectations are not met...it is plain and simple not Acceptable. I dont think i was unlucky, the Airlines is simple highly unprofessional. Forget everything else, professionalism is the least i can ask for. Isnt it??

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
reviews: 11
3. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

When Issues like this arise everyone will complain on the respective Airlines. For instance Kingfisher Airlines which is the most reputable Airlines in India we had an issue and has similar experience with the staff. We had a confirmed ticket for 4 passengers, at the CheckIn Counter the Staff says only 1 passenger is confirmed out of the 4 passengers, when questioned she said may be you have cancelled other three passengers. When we called the Airlines Toll Free Phone the person on Phone said its all confirmed and he does not know why the staff says not confirmed. And this harassement went on for 30 minutes with tension building up, finally when we threatended to raise a consumer complaint because even the Customer Support says its all confirmed they allowed to board the flight. Even in this case we felt the same that staff was not cooperative and zero customer support. I did email to KingFisher from their website mentioning the flight details and PNR No. and they replied back in generic like sorry for blah blah and we have informed the concerned staff, so may be you can also email to spicejet from their website mentioning your flight details and PNR no. and they will know who was the staff attending on duty.

If we start considering these stray incidents and stop flying with the airlines then I guess there will not be any domestic airlines left in India. If you look at the Indian Aviations News at http://avindia.blogspot.com/ on random basis you can find some or the other airlines always listed with similar issues. Infact even today there was a news with AirIndia Express "NRI's e-ticket dubbed invalid' at airport" and similar Customer Support issue. And I have read almost issues from all Airlines.

Austin TX
4. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Ok...Agreed to all the points you make.

So, Are you suggeting I should not complain if I have had a bad experience?

I dont think not complaining will help in any way. Infact I think soon India is going to catch up and the Reviews we write will matter enough for the Airline Management to make changes. I think Customer opinion can make and break a industry. Right now the situation in India is: Nobody cares. But if there are enough people writing and reading these reviews and opinions, the day will come when the Airline industry will have to improve because they wont have an option. It will be either lose business or improve customer service. It has to start somewhere, Dont you think???

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
reviews: 9
5. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

I have flown over 20 times with Spicejet and have never found them to be rude. On the contrary, staff has been unfailingly polite and pleasant, going out of their way to do things for passengers. Onboard service is always smiling.

It is possible that you had some frayed tempers in Chennai, but based on my experience, I would say this is an aberration of some sort or an exception. Perceptions of what is rude and what is not are often not the same across people from different backgrounds, but even assuming someone was rude to you, I think this very rarely happens.

I would in fact encourage people to fly budget airlines in India; as they are very good.

Edited: 7:19 pm, January 18, 2011
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
reviews: 11
6. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Today I received a Customer Satisfaction Survey Form email from Spicejet for a recent ticket i had booked for a relative. May be try submitting you details from it. Maybe you should have also received it in case if you have travelled recently.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx…

7. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, January 09, 2013
Bangalore, India
8. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

I am Shanmukh and I booked a ticket for Spice jet for my wife A.Sravanthi’s Travel from Bangalore to Vishakhapatnam , To and Fro. My family has already reached Vishakha Patnam on 5th November . The PNR NO : “HEHIER”. Since they Can’t come back on November 19th due to personal reasons , I wanted to cancel the return flight.

But the Customer Care person said that , they can’t cancel the return ticket and refund the fare as it is booked for round the trip. We have opted for Spice JET for the first time and facing all the bitter experiences. When theycharge money for Booking the ticket, why can’t you refund the ticket on cancellation. In fact , I am not at all happy with his response.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
reviews: 13
9. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Setti,

Sometimes when you book a low cost airline ticket its mentioned that the fare is low because it cannot be cancelled/refunded. This sort of offer is given by all airlines, not only Spicejet. So they may not be at fault unless they specified it's a refundable ticket under T&C while booking.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
reviews: 7
10. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Setti R,

Sorry that you are not happy with their response, but the sad truth is that you can't do much about it. The tickets you booked must have had the no-cancellation clause attached which you have mistakenly overlooked.

These days airlines offer special fares which come which the "terms and conditions apply" attached to them. The lesson here is to be very careful when booking tickets with any airline and be upfront and ask about the cancellation policy applicable for that fare and then decide whether you want to go ahead with booking the tickets or not.