We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pegasus airlines

Long Sutton, United...
reviews: 14
pegasus airlines

hi all . just thought i would make fellow members aware if not already about pegasus airlines online booking system.when browsing for flights ,in my case from izmir to istanbul when a suitable flight and price is found (which by the way are very good ) i found that when i browsed the flight and then returned to double check the same flights had jumped up by just over 100% all the other prices were unchanged bar the two i was looking at.if you come of the site and revisit after about 15 mins then the prices are back to normal i did manage to book the flights i wanted but have since just played with the site and the same thing occurs every time.so if you do use pegasus airlines make sure you choose your flights at the first hit as if like me you backtrack just to make sure then thats when the price will more than double.

hope this is of use happy travelling everyone

60 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 88
1. Re: pegasus airlines

Have not come across this particular issue but I do have a different Pegasus Airlines query.

Does anyone know if the Vienna-Istanbul route is seasonal? Been looking in recent days for a November 2011 flight for this route and have noticed that the flight schedule only goes to late October. Is it simply that the flight schedule for later in the year is yet to be loaded or that there are no flights on this route later in the year?

Have noticed generally that flights to Istanbul from many European cities using the standard airlines (eg. Malev, Turkish and Austrian) are horrendously expensive compared to similar routes elsewhere in Europe. Pegasus by comparison seems a good option.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 126
2. Re: pegasus airlines

Thanks for that info.

I had looked into Pegasus for flights between Turkey and Greece, but thought twice when I saw there was a stopover in another Turkish city before heading into Greece.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 206
3. Re: pegasus airlines

bosslady, I am surprised that you were able to obtain tickets outside of Turkey for Pegasus. We have never been able to do that from the US, and we always have to get the people at our hotel in Istanbul to make the for us. Congratulations!

I do not know if the flight between Vienna and Istanbul is seasonal. I know that many of their flights are only offered during peak season, but it is also possible that they just do not publish a schedule that far in advance. Did you check any other Pegasus flights to see if they had any schedules posted for November?

We only use this airline for domestic flights in Turkey, but they have exceptionally reasonable prices.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 88
4. Re: pegasus airlines

Thanks busy for making that (obvious) point.

Checked several internal routes for November and nothing available. So I assume there's my answer.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 206
5. Re: pegasus airlines

I would just wait a bit to see if they do not post a schedule for November. You might also post to the Istanbul Forum. There are a couple of local DEs who can probably answer your question more accurately than I can.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 46
6. Re: pegasus airlines

CBK, I just checked Pegasus for you, Vienna-Istanbul and the last date that is open is 28th of October. The fare is 74.99 Euros, a real bargain. They usually do not publish their winter fares till May or so, but you can call their toll free number and ask. "www.flypgs.com/en/contact/call-center.aspx".

bimdonesia, Pegasus Airlines, "http://www.flypgs.com/en/", has flights from Istanbul to Athens via Izmir for excellent fares. Izmir is across from Athens on the other side of the Aegean and is very close to Ephesus. Check their flights.

enigma...

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 126
7. Re: pegasus airlines

Thanks, Enigma, but I'm pressed for time on this trip. For such a short trip and for a negligible fare difference, I'm better off flying Aegean/Olympic and going direct to Athens.

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: pegasus airlines

Thanks for posting a comment regarding you Pegasus experience.

I just tried to book a flight from Istanbul to Izmir for September via the Pegasus website and after submitting both my credit card information as well as a one time security password (provided by visa) I got an error message stating the booking was not successful and asking that I try again.

Luckily the payment had also been unsuccessful (I called the credit card immediately to verify) so I made 2 additional attempts to purchase the tickets (with visa on the phone) and they didn't go through either. The 2nd & 3rd times I got an error message before even being asked for the one time security password.

This experience is making me quite skeptical, especially after reading a number of negative reviews related to additional charges, late or no refunds, and last minute flight cancellations. I also wonder how come their prices are so cheap compared to all other airlines (Pegasus USD 110, Atlasjet USD 241, and Turkish Air USD 643).

Beirut, Beyrouth...
9. Re: pegasus airlines

very bad service ,special when you get a problem flying on this airlines,i have got suitcase damaged and broken ,all my belongs like an earth quick as well my jacket was stolen, i did made a claim waiting for about a month, after that i have received from Pegasus airlines that they don t want to cover , i feel that the ones in guest relations are dreaming.for me i will stop travel on this airlines , because better i pay more on Turkish airlines that when i have a problem they can cover immediately.

be ware trying to buy online or changing flight , they deduct money from you and no ticket issued.all what i can said i was happy traveling on that airlines , stuff on the airplane were good ,but it s a pity when you have problem no body would cover

east yorkshire
reviews: 12
10. Re: pegasus airlines

i was just wondering have you mannaged to fill in the api form i cannot find it , when i tried ringing the airline just got a noise in the background and a person saying something but what god only knows. dont know what to do now.

Reply to: pegasus airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted