We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Optiontown

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 16
Optiontown

Has anyone heard of this?

They are saying a premium upgrade from Australia to KL flying Airasia for $120 extra, seems to good to be true.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
reviews: 1
1. Re: Optiontown

Been living in Malaysia all my life and never heard of this town.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
2. Re: Optiontown

Gosh...thought it was a town in Malaysia...so sorry for that.

Perth, WA
3. Re: Optiontown

I tried it last week. Was offered KL - Perth for 60 but didnt get it.

Haven't been refunded yet either. Over the 5 days they say to.

There is a link on the Air Asia site so assumed it was above board.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 16
4. Re: Optiontown

Hope you get refunded.

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Optiontown

ya better luck next time... i got upgraded in 2 out of 3 times and get refunded after 4 days! I hope to get upgraded to premium for my next christmas trip :)

New Delhi, India
6. Re: Optiontown

are they legitimate? Why would Air Asia sell their premium at such low price?

Perth, Australia
7. Re: Optiontown

I just got an email today to say that I had been upgraded for my Perth - KL flight - very pleased!

Now just crossing my fingers that my return flight gets upgraded also.

It is definitely legitimate, it is even advertised on the AirAsia website. I suppose they want to fill their premium seats even at a huge discount and also this gives them the ability to sell my old seats again.

Melbourne
8. Re: Optiontown

Hi perthrich,

I have applied for an upgrade KUL - MEL in november. Was wondering when you applied for upgrade? And when you were notified of upgrade relative to flight time? Was it just the minimum 4 hrs or did you know a day or 2 ahead? Did you get notified by air Asia or optiontown?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 114
9. Re: Optiontown

yes, can you please tell us how to apply for an upgrade-

do you do it once you have your seats booked? for example, i have seats booked (in one of their sales) for next august- can i upgrade and how do i do it and how do you know how much it will cost?

thanks

maz

Perth, Australia
10. Re: Optiontown

Hi

I am flying 4th November and I applied for the upgrade a few days ago when I first saw this post! I received an email from Opiniontown last nigt advising of the upgrade then about a minute later received an updated itinerary from AirAsia. Went online and chose my seats (included in the price) but not sure how to go about choosing a meal?

I