We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich to Frankfurt to Charlotte flight question

Sumter, South...
reviews: 71
Munich to Frankfurt to Charlotte flight question

I am flying from Munich (Lufthansa ) changing to US Airways in Frankfurt with a direct flight to Charlotte. What do I do in Frankfurt concerning passport control, customs, security etc? Is 1 1/2 hours enough time to change planes etc.

Gulfport, Florida
reviews: 24
1. Re: Munich to Frankfurt to Charlotte flight question

No passport control or customs. there will be security -- and it will take time as flights to the US. have "special" security arrangements. 90 minutes will be enough time. I fthe hop from Munich is late, though, it could get interesting.

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: Munich to Frankfurt to Charlotte flight question

Munich-Frankfurt is a domestic flight, so you will have to pass immigration and security at Frankfurt.

Your luggage should be checked through from Munich to Charlotte.

1.5 hours is tight re the extra security for US flights, but if you are on one ticket is should be a valid connection.

3. Re: Munich to Frankfurt to Charlotte flight question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, October 11, 2010