We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Easter from Qantas

Newcastle, Australia
Happy Easter from Qantas

Glad I don't travel QF at this time of year:

news.com.au/travel/news/easter-plans-on-hold…

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
1. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

Qantas is not my No1 choice of airline, but I am getting sick of the media flogging them for every minor technical issue. A lot of the 'incidents' mentioned involved finding a defect BEFORE the plane took off. The media would prefer a nice juicy crash of course.....

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
2. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

I agree with Numbat. These maintenance issues occur on every airline. The "journalist" fails to put their story in context. Any significant airline will have planes out of service. Stuff happens. Machinery fails. The headline should read "Qantas Safety Focus Saves Hundreds of Lives".

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
3. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

Or another headline:-

"Qantas makes hundreds of sucessful flights on time and most passengers are happy. Only six flights affected by technical issues, one of which was some punctures and nobody's fault."

Does not have the sme ring to it I suppose. The journalist writing this report must have have an awfully slow news day. Claptrap.

They don't even address the most crucial issue of soap in the dispenser! Now that is a story.

london, england
reviews: 1
4. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

NO mention of soggy toast either!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
5. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

Probably a slower day from them than they expected as they had to wait for a relative to come in one of the delayed flights.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 138
6. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

Yes, I don't know why the Australian media reports every single fault with QF and yet doesn't do the same for other carriers... I am by no means a fan of the airline (to say the least!), but it's quite tiresome to see these reports over and over again.

South Pole
reviews: 37
7. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

'I don't know why the Australian media reports every single fault with QF'

i can understand how those not fully informed can find this whole thing petty.

but it's a tall poppy syndrome thing coupled with some very arrogant management over the last decade or so. when a company touts itself as an australian icon and one of the best airlines in the world and does some very 'unaustralian' things corporately and to their staff (particularly maintentance) then they leave themselves open to closer than normal scrutiny. as a result the press has a field day sniping at every little incident.

parochial maybe, but in general the australian public is interested.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
8. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

For the non-Australian readers - 'unaustralian' can best be defined as an action, activity or statement with which the user of the term personally disagrees.

australia
reviews: 17
9. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

Look at who the advertising banners belong to on that news item....Tiger Airlines...hmmm I wonder

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 138
10. Re: Happy Easter from Qantas

it's a hotels.com ad banner for me in this part of the world ^^ but speaking of tiger, i would think the aust media would have more fun picking on such a no-frills airline like tiger (never flown the AU arm, but have done from SIN).

But Lien, thanks for bringing that into context. I do recall hearing a lot about people like Jeff Dixon and the issues with staff and maintenance. So you think the Australian public is moreso pointing and laughing at the carrier's mishaps? reminds me of Nelson from the Simpsons... "ha haa"